The Combine Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when i turn the switch for the back end of the combine everything is okay the grain head is off right now when i hit the switch for the feeder beater came on for about 5 seconds and shut off checking the wires and put in a new fuse same thing happened again going to pop the grain head tomorrow and see if the grain head will operate. I think it might be the electric clutch going bad i hate electrial problems stay tuned started the machine about every 3 weeks during the winter time it ran good all the time no mice in the buildings so there should not be any wiring problems.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Look at the bushings or brushes or whatever they are called on the electic clutch on the end. Might need changed. Very easy fix if thats what it is.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There was a wire that hooks on the outside of the electric clutch which was showing just a very little wear, taped it up good and tight with electrical tape. Turned the machine on and everything was operating hopefully this will get me though the wheat harvest. Thanks for the reply.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts