The Combine Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been reading threads on where to bolt F2 bars in the separator, I ended up with one in the belly of the seperator grate, nearest the concave but I've read people recommend using two, I didn't like trying to bolt to the grate, ended up making big washers to span the cross members. Won't the bar hinder separation in that location? Would it help or hurt anything to bolt one to the top of the cage? It would bolt up to existing bolt holes. I still have helicals on the removable door, I should I remove them and put one there?
This is an R52 with cdf rotor, it does fine with dry fodder but looses to much when running anything with wet straw.
I have 4 reverse bars.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Lose the reverse bars all they do is rob HP, the crop mat is too think inside your cage. Ditch the reverse bars/helicals on the separator door and your losses will go away while your fuel consumption will go down as well. No reverse bars with a F2 bar on the separator door instead of helicals will really wake that machine up.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.