The Combine Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a problem where after running all day and parking the F2 overnight it will fire up and run and stall. I have to use the primer pump to get pressure and return fuel to the tank and it starts and runs fine all day. I was told by dealer I must have an air leak in one of the fittings. I tried when shutting down to close the fuel tank feed line to prevent any back siphon but no difference. Any have this problem and if so what was the solution.

Thanks

·
Registered
316 Posts
Air can leak in where fuel doesn't leak out.(you knew that) Didn't just change filter did you?Make sure it's tight.Check all connections for tight on inlet side.The primer can cause this but no way to tell if it's the culprit without replacement($50).The pipe from filter to pump has the rubber bushings inside nut. Mine does that when it sets over winter but it's a one time deal.Haven't been using biodiesel have you?After time spent sitting it can gumm things up like the transfer pump in the back of the Roosa.Check you fuel cap vent.Not likely but who knows?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi Forgallon, I had this problem all summer on my F2 doing wheat and tried to find leaks but never did. I cleaned al the lines and put a new seal kit in the hand primer pump but the problem still occurred. In the end, I installed a low pressure in line fuel pump at the line that leaves the fuel tank. I wired it to a toggle switch inside the cab. I ordered the pump on ebay and it cost about $20.00 and was delivered to the farm for about $35.00. Took 1 hour to set up. The combine has never worked better. I've done about 100 acres of bean, no fuel issues anymore, no hard starts, no dying down and turbo reading good pressure on heavy beans. Hope this helps. It fixed my problem.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Have you changed all the filters?

is there any rubber lines from the filter housing to the IP?

any leaks?

Is there any rusty spots in the line? from what I understand, air molecules are smaller than fuel molecules, so you will suck air before leaking fuel.

IMO there is no reason why it shouldnt run properly in the factory configuration, IMO an electric pump is just a band-aid.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.