The Combine Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Again, I am new to farming. I have been learning the hard way with My gleaner f2

Fan control knob- for some reason it was on 1 last year and I didn't notice. I just tried to crank it clockwise to get it back to 5 or 6 and I did 5 full turns and the arrow only moved to 3. The knob started getting tough to turn so I stopped--- Any suggestions or advice? Is the arrow on the knob broke or do I neeed to keep cranking?

Last year two of my straw walkers came loose while we were picking beans and they were damaged. I had to cut them off about a foot on two of them. After that we started noticing more bean pods and grass/weeds getting into our grain in the bin where the grain ends up---- are we seeing more hulls and weeds because of the damage to the walkers, or is it the fact my fan control was on 1? Or a combination of both?

Again, any expertise or help would be greatly appreciated more than you know.

·
Registered
687 Posts
You had to cut a few feet off the end of the walkers? As in shorten them? If this is true and you noticed lots of trash in the bin after this, then I imagine that the two you shortened are now dumping all the trash they carry out the back onto the grain pan, which in turn will be dumped back over your sieves. This being the case you need new walkers.

I would be checking the fan linkage and choke for a problem before fiddling with the controls

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
no grain pan on a F2, closed bottom walkers.

I would get some good used ones or some new ones ASAP, as I bet you are losing some out the back now.

open the side console and see if there is something broke on the pointer. have a helper move the fan choke through its entire range to see if there is an issue with the control rod itself, or if its just a broken pointer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.