The Combine Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys I hope someone out there owning an F2 Gleaner can help with my question. I have just bought a very well used '79 F2 Gleaner and have been slowly fixing up some of the non functioning cabin gauges. There was a certain amount of rodent damage and a 500+ mile road trip fromt the sellers farm shook a few things loose. I recently got the turbo boost gauge working again after I found where a rat had eaten the hose through. On a cold unloaded engine at low idle I am getting about 2 PSI boost and at high idle it gets to about 5PSI. Loading the engine by engaging the machinery drive lever gets it up to about 7PSI. Are these readings normal or on the low side? I also assume as the engine heats up the boost may get higher? (BTW all my past combine experience is on old MF headers with non turbo engines) Appreciate any experience that can be shared on this 433I motor.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You won't see any real numbers til it's harvesting. Needs a load on the engine to make boost. Doubt its much over 10? My F2 never seems to be working very hard.
Thanks Steve I will know what to expect when I get it harvesting now. It will be a while before it gets out to do its first harvest on this farm. We are held up here on planting barley here in Queensland because of persisent wet weather from a late La Nina pattern.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Make sure clutch alignment is right will only last half a season was 1 of my favourite machines early 80s get a 27 foot front will handle it
Thanks I assume thats the separator clutch your referring to there. I will have to check that one out well before I get going because I know the parts are hard/slow to get. My machine came with a 20 foot tin bat reel front which just fits through some of the tight gates into the paddocks I run as a hobby farmer. They would have been a sweet machine back in the 80s compared to the old 587 MF we ran back then.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts