The Combine Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
I have been told to have at least 2 years between Faba crops, so I plan on having 2 years of wheat then Fabas again. Fungus, ascotita and other diseases carries over on the stubble and may cause serious problems in the following crop.

We just finished harvesting ours and the header yield monitor tells us it went about 5 t/ha but the header has not been calibrated so we wont know for sure until it is sold. The crop was definitely good though and the price is even better than last year.

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers Goodoo, I am very worried about causing disease issues especially being wet climate....I might be better to stick to the barley Lucerne crop filling the beans and other block may be wheat after beans, depending how I go with disease.

Ant,..

·
Registered
377 Posts
I stuffed up doing 2 years of Soybeans in a row.

First year healthy no disease.

Second year had lots of dead plants from Sclerotinia and now due to the spores in the soil I can not grow any broadleaf in that paddock for 5 years.

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep that's what I'm worried about, the spring barley doesn't tend to suffer from any take all or crown rot...and the Lucerne there to help break disease...I will stick with that.

Beans will be a good money maker if I can keep disease out so that's most important, should be able to keep them 4-5 years apart.

Thanks...Ant...

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It's mainly to help seed cost MS, anyway I may have more dirt which will solve some issues, if I can have 3 crops in rotating it saves me a packet because seeding rates are high per hectare...looking at 160 acres tomorrow lunch.

Ant...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.