The Combine Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at used 2019 and 2020 case 8250/9250 combines. See some have the factory Redekop choppers and others have various styles of internal choppers. Have not been around Case combines lately, but wondering if Redekop choppers are worth the money? I grow 70 bus wheat, 100 bushel barley, with above average straw levels. Last Case that I owned was a 9230 and the 120 blade chopper in it really hated rocks going through it. Liked to damage sieves and all sorts of internal metal when the blades broke from rocks. Thinking that the rear mount chopper should do less damage when a rock hits it (closer to the back).

Heard of lots of fires with the Redekop last year, is it a big problem or just an unlucky year? Are they a real pain in the butt to service the combine and high maintenance?

Not sure which chopper to pick. Always lots of lodged barley here, so rocks do get scooped up once in a while.

·
Registered
101 Posts
If I could have my 9250 rebuilt, I'd skip the redekop, and go back to a megacut with twin disc spreaders, like the 2388s had. its an option now

1 - 3 of 3 Posts