The Combine Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Very nice pictures. Where were they taken? Mid west i'm sure. How many acres?

Take care,

Nathan

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
We're located in East-Central Illinois, we lost a couple hundred acres because a landlord didnt like the fact we are republicans (dumbest reason i've ever heard), so we only have 1350acres this year. But we already have another 450acres under contract for the next 3 years, so it'll be a better paycheck for me

We're 1200acres of corn, and 150 of soybeans...so its gonna be a LONG harvest.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Figured i've been browsing enough on these forums, i might as well join and introduce myself a lil bit. besides fall tillage implements we're all green machinery. Had these pics for awhile and some were taken by my old crappy cellphone and some were takin by a 8.0 megapixel camera, so if you wanted to you could save them and use em for sometin, lol.

Our late model 9600 with our new 693 corn head, 4 of the 6 gearboxes failed within an hour of taking this photo...sometin wasnt set right at the factory so they took the head to rebuilt it and we were stuck with a pos loaner head for the year. Let me tell ya though, the auto height adjust like the soybean platforms is great

Our truck and wagon lineup...we dont really need a semi since our farthest field is only 15miles from an elevator...these wagons are long gone for new unverferth 630's with fenders

Our "got us by for the year" graincart hooked to my 9300...since then we bought a 4640 powershift to pull a brent 572 with a corner ager so we could get the throw needed to put the grain in the middle of the wagons.

Soybean dust while facing the sunset is by far the biggest pita to deal with..

and a quick one of the cargill elevator which has been renovated with a 6.5million bushel flat-storage building for this year.

Moving on to spring of 07...

my dad suprisingly sold his 4430 that he bought brand new with 0hrs on it in 1975 (only had 6800hrs on it), and traded it for this 81 model 4640 powershift with 4500hrs on it. only problem we had was the reman. injection pump gasket leaked, so we had to bring it home at 10pm one night wash it real good so there wouldn't be any nuts going into the pump while the cover was off and made a new gasket.

little action pic of the 4640 and 1760 12row 30"

My baby...01 9300 with 1800hrs on it next to the duramax.

parked to help move the trucks over to this field (its only my dad and i, so we tend to stop fairly often to move stuff).

and our 2007 726 soil finisher, 33'9" on a 9" shank spacing with a 5bar HD harrow...hoping next year we'll trade it in for the 38'3" model, since we trade em in every year.

That's all i have for now...fall 07 pics will probably start being posted within the next month or month 1/2 te way our corn is drying out.

Dave

·
Registered
16 Posts
hey my fellow republican brother ill stand up with ya. so where are you from in the east central. im from chestnut and farm around there and work at cross bros. imp

1 - 5 of 5 Posts