The Combine Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So we finished up harvest today at lunch time. So here are the last of the photos, I hope you like them

Last ,but not least this is a pic of the only Deere you will see on our farm..........Pun intended.......

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Fall 2007 Soybean Harvest Pics with our AFX 80

Thanks...
..Yeah dust has been bad all fall......It's just been so dry....

·
Registered
693 Posts

Sweet pics Big A. I sure like the black paint over the new all red versions. To me the new ones look a little girly compared to yours. They shoulda painted the new ones with white tops IMO.

Anyway:

How did ya like the header? Looks like a 35 footer? How fast could ya push in good conditions? Whats your thoughts on Dapers? Seems like a love/hate relationship from different people I talk to about he draper/flex situation.

Here's the poker:
Any harvest delay's due to needed "updates"?

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:Sweet pics Big A. I sure like the black paint over the new all red versions. To me the new ones look a little girly compared to yours. They shoulda painted the new ones with white tops IMO.

Anyway:

How did ya like the header? Looks like a 35 footer? How fast could ya push in good conditions? Whats your thoughts on Dapers? Seems like a love/hate relationship from different people I talk to about he draper/flex situation.

Here's the poker:
Any harvest delay's due to needed "updates"?

I like the Black & Red too kinda breaks them up more, but the new ones are growing on me. Not sure about the white tops though......
......I'm gonna try to answer all these questions for ya.....
....Ok here goes......

The header worked great. Just operates differently than the 30' 1020 we used to have. Runs alot heavier, but floats real well. Especially over rocks and stuff. Feeds real nice with the full fingered auger. Yes it is a 35' 2020. I could run around 5-5.5mph pretty much all the time. Was limited mostly because of no rain this summer to settle the ground, and any ridges left by the planter marker or sprayer tracks it would scoop dirt. The wheat stubble wasn't as brittle & rotten either. As for Drapers I like the concept, and would love to try one. However the dealer here says they won't work, and won't get one in.

Now for your poker.....
.......No harvest delay's for any updates we did have a couple of things break though. All these updates were done when were waiting for corn to dry or after corn before soybeans. Here is a list of the only updates they did.....

Pro-600 Color monitor
Stripper plate and mount for upper feeder chain sprocket
Grain Tank Full sensor
Extra braces and welding on Chopper drive mount
Access door in grain tank
New Style boot on Unloading Auger
New style light in grain tank

The only problems we had were.....

Tailings speed sensor
Tailings Volume sensor
Elevator drive chain and idler assembly
Spreader bolt
Hose and wire bracket on feeder house
Left & Right header height sensors on 35' 2020
Key in pulley on left shaker drive
1 set of fuel filters
Belt on Tailing and shaker drive jumping off because of corn cob

A couple of things were caught in routine look overs in the AM or repaired in the time between corn and soybeans. The things that did cause some downtime were the spreader bolt coming out(it dropped a spinner) approx. 1hr. The fuel filters plugging approx 30 mins. The belt on tailings drive jumping off approx 30 mins. The Elevator drive chain breaking approx. 1hr. The header height sensors approx 30 min each, and the tailings speed sensor (replaced at same time as a height sensor). All of the sensor problems didn't keep me from running, I just kept running until someone ran to the dealer to get the part, and come back and put it on. Sometimes I would put the part on the next AM while I did the daily service and check.

So all in all I only lost 4hrs all harvest for 2 months, and I got done alot quicker than with my old 2188.

Not once did the dealer not have the part when I needed one, and they were there when I needed them to be to work on it or help with settings. I haven't paid for any parts or repairs except the pro 600 monitor, and the fuel filters. Remember this combine was an 2005 with 730 hrs on it. The heads were the only thing new, and under Case IH warranty. They have stood behind this machine 100% My hats off to Hoober Inc.....

·
Registered
188 Posts

Your lucky you have Hoobers, Charlie is a class act and really cares about his customers and trying to keep 8010's going. He tells it like it is good or bad red or green.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts