The Combine Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So to try to show my friends all over the country what I do I've started taking videos so they can get a glimpse of what life is like on the farm. And I've found I really enjoy it, so I thought some people on here might like to see what my fall harvest and winter were like.

Our harvest went better than a lot of other people we've talked to, but it was still very challenging. We spent well into 5 digits on just our swather in breakdowns, and the combine wasn't far behind. My mom had the pleasure of being the first one to ever get this combine stuck (somehow we've made it through 7 harvests without hooking up) and tillage was a muddy/compacted nightmare. But yields were alright, the wheat took some big hits from storms at flag-leaf to heading which laid it flat and really cost us yield from the best stand we'd ever had (150bu+ lodged straw with 40bu/ac harvested) but soybeans were fantastic averaging just over 50 across the farm.

Once our work had wrapped up I did some other small jobs till our next door neighbor had his right-hand man take a medical leave of absence and needed someone to run truck... so now I have a wonderful winter job hauling manure up until now and will be hauling grain till seeding starts.

I know I always love to see videos of other farms and their equipment and land. Hope you enjoy these videos of what we do here.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Figured I'd throw the last 2 videos up before we get going into our 2017 harvest

1 - 3 of 3 Posts