The Combine Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for some advice on tank mixes for a fall burndown. I need something that has no cropping restrictions for the following spring.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Usually use straight roundup. Depending if we are going after thistle or quack grass determines what rate to use. Clean fields usually get 0.33L/acre and ones that have issues have gone as high as 1L.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes it is a dirty field, I actually have a few 10 acre plots that did not get seeded. They have been mowed once and will be mowed again before being sprayed out for fall. So needless to say there is a wide range of weeds and will be using high rates regardless.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
You really have no other option than straight glyphosate if you want 0 cropping restrictions. But prepass, 24d, express is excellent choices for cereal acres.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
let me spice up the question, how much water should one use on preharvest burndowns (straight glyphosate)? I have been using 10 gal in the past (and some this year) but Im wondering about dialing it down to 8.

Fairly heavy canopy

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
With straight round up in spring and fall I usually am at 5USgal/acre. Have tried more but didn't see any benefit or improvement.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts