The Combine Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all i have just bought a cr970 05 model an i had it runing an the max rotor spped is 1170 an the max fan speed is only 900 i was asking what is the speed on the 9070 an 9060 what is the rotor an fan speed on the newer machines

·
Registered
6 Posts
There is a 2 speed gearbox option on a lot of these combines. It sounds like you have your rotors in low gear. The shift lever should be a yellow lever underneath the rotary screen towards the front.
As for Fan speed that sounds about right. Might need a new belt to max it out that is likely about all you will need for fan speed.

·
Premium Member
5,774 Posts
The rotor is about right, and the fan seems to be as well. Should be in the manual. Might be belt width issues. Usually seem to need a new belt on our TR every year or 2 to get the speed back up. And I just noticed that our CR9070 belt is 5mm thinner than the new spare in the shop, so that makes a big difference as well. Might want to check your belts for wear 1st.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hi Andy yes we replace the belt an it went from 830 to 900 i just found on the net that the 9070 has a fan range from 320-1100 an i thinking that the 9070 an the 970 should be the same cleaning area i am thinking expect for the extra hp they are the same machine

·
Premium Member
5,774 Posts
The hydraulic drive is what makes the difference, and the new 22 inch rotor machines have a 5 belt V pulley for the separator drive instead of a 4 belt, and I think they did something with the ratios to speed the machine up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.