The Combine Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
I'm not aware of one. Have you ever slid back the leaf screen and cleaned the dirt and debris build-up on top of the fan choke?? I'll almost guarantee dirt will be there limiting how far open you can get your fan choke. Fully up to the top is maximum airflow. Also, your fan blades must be CLEAN on the inside of the blades or their air delivery will be reduced. Seen this before in early wet corn harvest where green juicy cornstalks drag under the leaf screen and the fan gets matted with dirt and air delivery falls off from dirty blades.

·
Registered
212 Posts
May want to check out the condition of the separator drive sheave on the backside of the lower rotor drive variable pulley. Also the condition of the sheave on the accelerator roll drive and the sheave on the fan drive. I noticed this year on our '75 that these sheaves are getting very worn, especially the driver sheave on the mainshaft. Can't be doing fan speed any good as well as belt wear. I've concluded these machines were originally designed for small grains anyway and never had any extra air flow, and as things wear it just gets a little worse than it already is. As far as speeding up the fan, I'd be a little afraid of that anyway as it may already be being pushed to its outer limits as far as blade strength goes and more speed could cause an explosion. Could also be that more speed would simply not help airflow anyway as it may be running at its most efficient speed. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Fans were speed up on all the long shoes per campaign in early 1997. There was a bulletin put out in 2000 on moving the splitter to peel more air off fan and distribute it to the sieve and chaffer. I know the dealer in Newton and Iola Kansas had did some machines. I believe for the high yielding wet corn and or milo. Your R55 likely has the holes to move splitter so you would not need the templates but you will want to get ahold of bulliton in order to make the changes as described.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Fans were speed up on all the long shoes per campaign in early 1997. There was a bulletin put out in 2000 on moving the splitter to peel more air off fan and distribute it to the sieve and chaffer. I know the dealer in Newton and Iola Kansas had did some machines. I believe for the high yielding wet corn and or milo. Your R55 likely has the holes to move splitter so you would not need the templates but you will want to get ahold of bulliton in order to make the changes as described.
do you know where we could get this bulletin

·
Registered
361 Posts
also, have you really inspected the concaves of the fan blades? Some high moisture corn will have a sap that sticks like glue to the back sides. A build up will drastically cut down the air volume. Will see if we can find bulletin...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.