The Combine Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So why don't they put ujoints in these augers that have grease zerk in the caps. Sure would make it a lot easier to grease. Tried for half hr to grease joints in swing auger and ended with more grease on hands n bottom of hopper, it is just about impossible to grease them. Never did get them yo take grease.
-----
Flinkster NEND

·
Registered
213 Posts
Why don't they put good seals on the bearing and forget about the grease zerks? My pickup had nearly 200K miles before the u-joints had to be replaced and it had no zerks.

·
Registered
925 Posts
I totally agree with you . I rebuilt our Brandt 13 x 70 a few years back and the replacement u-joint between the upper and lower gear box had the zerk on the cap which is a huge improvement . Sometimes I have used a grease needle to grease the u-joint that is in the hopper which is a 2 person job , 1 to lay on the ground and line up the u-joint and 1 to bump the pto to position it properly and a pain in the butt !

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
So it wasn't just me then that thought "how is this possible to grease that U Joint" as I struggled with it for a long time and bumping the PTO and it going too far and back and forth from the tractor over and over until I finally had an angle I could get it at. It was the one in the bottom of the low profile hopper I had the worst time with.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts