The Combine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need help giving our farm a name!!! I would rather have a clever name than to just throw the family name on it... We have gone through a lot and owning the land we have recently come across is something we always saw as unachievable and “just a dream”. We had our small scale farm and had basically just accepted our fate when our dream fell in our lap! Thus the need for a clever name! We have livestock, we grow food and are making our space into a homestead where we will be as “off grid” as possible... I am also leaning toward reopening our rescue in the future.... SO, I hope that all gives a little inspiration/insight and helps everyone HELP ME come up with a name!! Thank in advance!

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Dream Luck Farms? Harvest Moon Farm? Serendipity Acres? Bonne Chance Farms? (French for Good Luck) Waxing Moon Farm? Windfall Farms? Lucky Strike? Cosmic Lottery Farm ? Blue Muse Farm? I could do this all day but I should have supper.

·
Registered
4 Posts
let her buck farms.
I need help giving our farm a name!!! I would rather have a clever name than to just throw the family name on it... We have gone through a lot and owning the land we have recently come across is something we always saw as unachievable and “just a dream”. We had our small scale farm and had basically just accepted our fate when our dream fell in our lap! Thus the need for a clever name! We have livestock, we grow food and are making our space into a homestead where we will be as “off grid” as possible... I am also leaning toward reopening our rescue in the future.... SO, I hope that all gives a little inspiration/insight and helps everyone HELP ME come up with a name!! Thank in advance!
How about "Dream Acres"

·
Registered
820 Posts
With consumers looking more to know who produced their food or to buy direct from farm, I would pick a name that sounds special to consumers and yourselves.

Down to earth farms
Top choice farms

·
Registered
720 Posts
If everything is going good then "whyaworry" or "whyaworryaboutit"
If it's off the grid then "hereitis"
If things take a long time to do then "Gunna Do Lodge"

·
Premium Member
989 Posts
I used to want a unique name until I realized there’s nothing more unique than your family. Became pretty easy then.

Have friends with ‘unique’ names and they’re terrible imo. Turns out being clever just falls flat. The biggest reason many of us farm is to pass it from generation to generation and not much better for that legacy than to stamp your family name on it.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts