The Combine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to build a farm shop somewhere in the 50 X100ft range 20 to 22ft high. Just wondered if people in this area have good companies that they have dealt with. I have been getting some quote from prairie post, integrity, janzen buildings, but curious if I am missing some good ones, or if anyone has had bad experiences with these folks.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
5,178 Posts
How about Prairie Steel in Clavet which is fair close to you. I bought some 26 ga tin to resheet a large cold storage building from them this spring. They have been excellent to deal with for us.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I called them three times in the spring left a message with I assume reception and never heard back, so not real impressed at this point.

·
Registered
3,808 Posts
Svenska Builders, they put up prairie steel buildings, Alex is all over Twitter with that and seems to build some nice places.

Remuda Buildings out Alberta build some really nice places. Seem to travel all over.

My luck with integrity was not good. I wouldn’t hire them again, I did lots of research and thought they were one of the best. With post buildings it all comes down to the crew they hire to build them, most just contract the builders and lot of them sucks !

·
Registered
414 Posts
I called them three times in the spring left a message with I assume reception and never heard back, so not real impressed at this point.

I would try them again.
My new cold storage building from them is just being erected now and I am also in the process of finishing my first building from them into a shop.

Ask for:
Brian Perrier
Sales and Engineering Manager
Steel Buildings Division

He was very good to deal and very helpful with any questions.

Sometimes I think he is run off his feet and maybe a little slow to respond

Attachments

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
We priced out a few different buildings and ended up going with a local guy to build our shop this summer. He was a bit cheaper and figured if we had problems be easier to get them resolved. I’ve seen some other big crews buildings and haven’t been real impressed with the workmanship.

48x80 with 20’ walls. 24’ and a 16’ door

Attachments

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
We built a 64’ x 96’ shop last year, used a local contractor to build a stud wall shop, unfortunately contractor knew he was ahead money wise so didn’t show up the following spring to do the cement, so watch that you Put a hold back on the money so you don’t get screwed. Otherwise back to the subject, you should decide whether you want a pole shop or stick built, on my shop I could not convince myself to do a pole building so opted for stick built. Do you want it on a grade beam with footing or on piles, lots of ways to build a shop.
Speaking about Prarie Steel, I phoned them a few times with no results. I did like the way they built them put never did get their quote.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Have used Janzen Steel for 3-50×100 sheds over the years. You may find a cheaper price elsewhere, but you'll be hard pressed to find a more honest man than Henry.

·
Premium Member
5,178 Posts
At Prairie Steel the guy in charge of the buildings is Ray Perrier. Brain is Ray's brother and is very knowledgable as well. Leave a message for Ray and he will usually call you back within a day. They are nice people to work with.

·
Registered
3,295 Posts

I don't know them, but have found that if you have to hound somebody to GIVE them business, they aren't worth the phone call.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
I would try them again.
My new cold storage building from them is just being erected now and I am also in the process of finishing my first building from them into a shop.

Ask for:
Brian Perrier
Sales and Engineering Manager
Steel Buildings Division

He was very good to deal and very helpful with any questions.

Sometimes I think he is run off his feet and maybe a little slow to respond
Which crew are you using to do the work?

I know several guys, myself included, that have put up Prairie Steel buildings. Good company to deal with. They have contractors that they recommend that don't work directly for Prairie Steel.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Which crew are you using to do the work?

I know several guys, myself included, that have put up Prairie Steel buildings. Good company to deal with. They have contractors that they recommend that don't work directly for Prairie Steel.

Leier Roofing & Metal Cladding
Sedley SK.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I built with integrity last year, my second build with them. first one was a cold storage and this one was a heated shop. great buildings, I didn't care for the crew that came to build my shop last year though, workmanship and detail at the end was below average. My cold storage had a different crew and they were 10/10.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Personally I would never put a pole building for heating but my cold storage I have no problem with. I had Intregity. salesman in my yard two years ago and could not talk myself into a heated pole shop, ended up putting a stick building on a two for grade ram on cement 16’piles.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Personally I would never put a pole building for heating but my cold storage I have no problem with. I had Intregity. salesman in my yard two years ago and could not talk myself into a heated pole shop, ended up putting a stick building on a two for grade ram on cement 16’piles.
curious as to reason for not wanting heated pole building but fine with pole building for cold storage, is not the only concern rotting of the poles? and if so do you feel they would rot quicker with a heated building?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts