The Combine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All I have now is a line of credit, have had it for years, we avoid using it because of the constant interest charges.
We're gonna get a normal credit card for day to day use, pay off monthly and hopefully gain some rewards along the way.
So, what's out there, what do you folks use?
What's the best for rewards.
There wont be much travel in our future so air miles are not attractive to us.

Open to ideas and opinions
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
I have a CIBC dividend card. There's cash back and it's taken off the balance once a year. Of course it pays a higher rate on groceries and gas stations of which I spend very little at.

Air miles are a PITA.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I will second the cibc dividend card, use it for exclusively for the farm, personal stuff I buy on my Costco card or a PC mastercand.

·
Premium Member
452 Posts
Young lad you came to the right place

Take this advice if your looking for a reward card that a travel card

BMO traveler elite. Think it’s 1.6 percent back. Comes with travel insurance few other things. WestJet vacations/sun wing / air Canada. You get access to all of them. Its the one I use

Reactions: AnviL

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Walmart mastercard. Dogs get the benefit of the money I spend as any reward money I get from using it buys them dog food.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok, so I guess by these responses it's all over the map.
Tangerine 2%......? Sounds about the best.
A couple votes for CIBC.
I guess there's more than one way to skin a cat hey??
There isnt one card that shines above the others is what I'm seeing.

Cashback seems the most versatile versus most cards being structured to direct the users back their way.

Truthfully I didnt really realize that everyone offers a credit card it seems... like from GM to walmart.... crazy, must be a money making business!

·
Registered
4,175 Posts
BMO World Elite. Pretty much everywhere I deal with on parts keeps it in on file and you just have one bill to pay per month. My main guys have it as well and run everything of their own that could pass a a write off through it as well.
Know the cutoff date by heart so you ALWAYS pay it off before. Don’t pay them a DIME of interest! 😂

·
Registered
540 Posts
I've got an Amazon prime rewards card.
5% back on Amazon purchases
2% restaurants, gas stations, drug stores
1% everything else
No fees and good for foreign travel like Canada...

·
Registered
374 Posts
I got to tell you a good one. Six years ago I bought grain bin for $55000 at a local Cenex.
They let me put it on my credit card, since Cenex is considered a gas station I got double points!
110,00 points, used them for plane tickets to Hawaii.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I use visa aventura infinite very similar to the BMO world elite with the visa if u want travel u can pick any flight or package u find. Same as Joe sixpack, have cards on file and then just 1 bill to pay

·
Registered
582 Posts
I use bmo business, its air miles we can't travel for health reasons but I bring my family to family functions. It has good insurance

·
Premium Member
452 Posts
BMO World Elite. Pretty much everywhere I deal with on parts keeps it in on file and you just have one bill to pay per month. My main guys have it as well and run everything of their own that could pass a a write off through it as well.
Know the cutoff date by heart so you ALWAYS pay it off before. Don’t pay them a DIME of interest! 😂
On top of that I also run a WestJet MasterCard. 90% of the flights I take are through WestJet. This cc gives me and the wife 1 checked bag each (50 dollars savings each). Also you get the companion vulture. If you travel in Canada they get the second ticket for 99 dollars. Continual USA 199.

Reactions: AnviL

·
Premium Member
452 Posts
Worlds coming to an end and after 10 years your finally picking on my grammar?

Thats cold man😎

Reactions: SWMan

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks for the replies.... guess I gotsta put the glasses on and read fine print.
So many options, but seemingly little differences.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts