The Combine Forum banner

121 - 135 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
If you are speaking of FE then that's not correct. I know someone personally who was approached by FE to sell them data.
Sorry I was speaking on behalf of CropPro (SWAT MAPS and CropRecords) - we dont share or sell data. Yes you are correct on FE

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
and how exactly do you want me to do that?
That is my point! You can say you don't sell info, but there's really no way for you to prove you don't.
So under those circumstances we, as farmers, are left with a lack of trust issue.
Like most businesses, it is not in our best interest to divulge our business info. Period.

·
Registered
99 Posts
That is my point! You can say you do not sell info, but there's really no way for you to prove you don't.
So under those circumstances we, as farmers, are left with a lack of trust issue.
Like most businesses, it is not in our best interest to divulge our business info. Period.
Agree 100%. As farmers we are supposed to divulge any and all business info whenever asked. How 'bout they open all thier books, contacts, transactions, inventories to whoever asks. Even if they don't share/sell info now, (Which I don't believe they are not doing) it's only a matter of time till some govt agency mandates that they turn over the info. How many times have guys on this forum not said they cannot understand the 'So what are your grade/yield polls' and yet gladly let that info out in the name of technology.

·
Registered
459 Posts
they won't sell our property until they change their minds and put in fine print on page 17.Once they gather what they want it will be for sale

·
Registered
23 Posts
That is my point! You can say you don't sell info, but there's really no way for you to prove you don't.
do you use a smartphone? if yes then you are setting a double standard - facebook, google, everyone tracks you 24/7 and sells the data

·
Registered
4,639 Posts
Bit of a stretch comparing google searches of cat videos to business/trade data.
Yes and no. Smartphones literally listen to everything you say along with your search history and social media uses. I refuse to discuss sensitive topics in the presence of a smartphone.

Case in point, dog was in the house a few weeks ago and I was eating carrots and ranch dip and feeding it to him, my wife ask are carrots even good for a dog... I'll check the internet! Start typing "Are carrots" and what pops up? "Are carrots good for a German Shepherd". Pretty freaking specific. At least it didn't include the dogs name.

·
Registered
99 Posts
All you ever google is cat videos? Never do any business on your phone? Come on .
Nope. Totally old school. Read news, general market reports, waste time on kijiji, read combine forum. Business is done in person or over landline phones. Anybody listening in and trying to harvest any worthwhile data is gonna be real poor if they count on my contribution.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Nope. Totally old school. Read news, general market reports, waste time on kijiji, read combine forum. Business is done in person or over landline phones. Anybody listening in and trying to harvest any worthwhile data is gonna be real poor if they count on my contribution.
Have a feeling you're the minority in this instance, but good for you if that is the case.

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
(y)
As an ex military buddy of mine always says. "Beware of your electronic footprint."
Coming from an old school perspective, I am often astounded by where we are heading as a society in relation to invasion of privacy. We need to back up a bit, but I fear it is much too late for that. Won't be long before we are all implanted with a computer chip at birth. China is dangerously close to that now. Our youth don't see it coming because they were born into this. My generation wasn't. Scary stuff!

·
Registered
369 Posts
(y)
As an ex military buddy of mine always says. "Beware of your electronic footprint."
Coming from an old school perspective, I am often astounded by where we are heading as a society in relation to invasion of privacy. We need to back up a bit, but I fear it is much too late for that. Won't be long before we are all implanted with a computer chip at birth. China is dangerously close to that now. Our youth don't see it coming because they were born into this. My generation wasn't. Scary stuff!
Facial recognition is to the point that the chip won't even be needed.

121 - 135 of 135 Posts