The Combine Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone ever seen or own any of these tractors? they look like a ford tractor to me. can go to there site and see farmtrac.com

·
Registered
246 Posts
A lot of times, manufactures will sell their old casting molds to foreign companies becuase they don't need or use them anymore. I was at a farm show last year and saw a tractor that looked familiar with a wierd name on it. I looked it over, and it still had international stamped into the side of the engine.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I just looked at the link, sure looks like the old Fords to me also!! If so, I'm sure that they are a decent tractor; as there are a lot of them out still running!!

·
Registered
376 Posts
I think they are made in India as I think that is where Escourts is from. The company is descended from the Long tractor line which used to source tractors from Romania as well. Long used to do some final assembly to their Long (fiat design) tractors in North Carolina which came in crated mostly assembled as skid units before sale here. I don't know if Farmtrac does that too. Not sure if they sell any tractors from China or Korea which is another source of foreign assembled tractors destined for the USA.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Farmtrac started out as a Ford 3910 design. Long bought it from Ford just about the time Ford Motor Company sold the tractor division to Fiat. I have read that Long and its parent UTB has changed hands several times since then. Don't have any idea who owns them now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts