The Combine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Even though i don't own any, snap-on has to be my favorite...but i buy craftsman because its alot cheaper and if something breaks i don't have to wait for a truck, i can just go to the store and replace it there.

·
Registered
664 Posts
my fav is the cheapest. Until they find a way for me to grow a field of pliers or wrenches, ill buy cheap because they seem to walk off or get planted in stressfull situations

Matt

·
Registered
508 Posts
We got a mix of tools snap-on, mac, craftsman, milwaukee(power), Klein, these are jsut a few. Snap-On are the best in my opinion but they are very pricey

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
I like Craftsman for the same reasons Ebert mentioned, but I've never had to replace a Craftsman due to breakage. I just picked up a bunch of Stanley screwdrivers from Wal-Mart because I know they'll disappear before I can break one. Hand tools have a bad habit of walking out on me, either ending up somewhere in the field or in someone else's toolbox.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I use Snap on. After you pull on them for a bunch of years your hands will thank you. There is a difference.

·
Registered
337 Posts
The old swedish bahco wrenches are by far the best in my opinion because of their gooseneck shape its really comfy and allso hard to break and guarantied for life

Bo

·
Registered
210 Posts
I've got a mix of snap on, mac, craftsman, and a few other cheapies for my tools i take with me, so if they get lost no biggie, but if i have to work on somethin that important, ill bring my pickup with my box in it. Ill say my fav. is snap on, best Flank drive plus wrenches in the world

·
Registered
203 Posts
I use mainly craftsman. Milwaukee 18v power tools with Li-Ion batteries have made a lot of jobs a whole lot easier like changing a pivot tire.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I have a lot of snap-on, some matco, craftsman, and deere stuff too...Have a Mac tool box

Prolly my favorite tool has been my 3/8 deere cordless impact...really light and decent torque.

·
Super Moderator
5,952 Posts
Craftsman is my wrench of choice... still have a lot of Mastercrap wrenches lying around too, but don't really use them.

Snap on are the best, but getting/replacing one here is hard... I need to go 250Km to get to the closest dealer.

-Christian

·
Registered
356 Posts
Quote:I just picked up a bunch of Stanley screwdrivers from Wal-Mart because I know they'll disappear before I can break one. Hand tools have a bad habit of walking out on me, either ending up somewhere in the field or in someone else's toolbox.

Okpanhandle summed it up pretty good for us. Hand tools around here have a fairily short life. Craftsman is the brand of choice for me. We prefer to buy craftsman but it really doesnt matter that much. We have broke all brands. The tool box in the shop is full of craftsman wrenches and just cheap ones that we find on sale at napa. The gear wrenchs that craftsman makes are amazing. They make the work so much easier and faster. They are pretty pricey but they are worth it. They make everything much easier and go faster.

Matt

·
Registered
296 Posts
american to australian translation
wrench - spanner
my favorite has to be the cheap stuff mainly because you will never loose them! I will admit i have a bad habbit of leaving spanners on machines im working on only to think after a few hours of work ......damn where did i last put that.....its not there now?? if its a cheap one it'll still be there 100 acres later~!
ausiefarmer

·
Registered
262 Posts
I agree with 87jumpy on the 3/8 deere cordless impact (excellent product).
Snap On tools are the best if you are making a living with them !
I also like Mac, Deere, S/K and Ingersol air tools.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I agree about losing the cheap ones.. but when you buy snap ons, and pay for them..you d**n sure dont forget to lose those babies

·
Registered
195 Posts
I started out with Craftsman but have been replacing them with Snap Ons as they break. The snap on's do cost alot more but there is a big difference in quality. Most of my air tools are IR and power tools are Milwaukee.

·
Premium Member
5,726 Posts
Mastercraft maximums for the wrenches. Never really break them. Aircat air tools and a mix of other stuff -mostly cheap but MAC pry bars are really nice because the bar goes right through the end and has a nice cap for hitting on with the hammer. Thats probably the most important expensive tool to buy -pry bars that can be abused and don't snap.

For losing wrenches, nothing beats a set of metric and standard combo wrenches from 3/8 to 3/4 and 10 mm to 19mm from princess auto for 12 bucks. And it came with a little snap case with a handle! If thats not a deal, I don't know what is

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
we use snap on and craftman but we use snap on the most one of my old buddys dad has at least $5000 dollars invested in snap on tools

1 - 20 of 62 Posts