The Combine Forum banner

41 - 60 of 873 Posts

·
Registered
5,374 Posts
Most American and UK citizens would be surprised to know that radio playlists in Canada have a regulated minimum Canadian artist content. Most public schools also have a music curriculum in the middle years where you are encouraged to learn an instrument and potentially be part of the school band. Virtually every student was taught how to read music in my time in the early grades. Obviously most of us either have tin ears or forgot.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
I didn't know Canadian radio stations play music, all I ever hear is commercials :52:. Canadian musicians are some of the best, no need for the government to force them to play Canadian content. I never understood why the government felt they had to make it mandatory.

·
Registered
717 Posts
100% Classic country - Waylon, Hank, Hank Jr., George Straight, Merle Haggard, Johnny Cash, etc.

·
Registered
9,740 Posts
Most American and UK citizens would be surprised to know that radio playlists in Canada have a regulated minimum Canadian artist content. Most public schools also have a music curriculum in the middle years where you are encouraged to learn an instrument and potentially be part of the school band. Virtually every student was taught how to read music in my time in the early grades. Obviously most of us either have tin ears or forgot.
WoW!, hope that ain't going on here!
Man, we got government in our weather, it's in your radio....... OMG.....
Wonder if they go as far as deciding what can and can't be played. Trudeau probably wouldn't like hearing Canada's very own making fun of Obama in his music!

Public schools are very similar in the music department.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
After seeing pretty boy crying over Downies death it appears that some music must be better if you are stoned.
Nah, he is just a whiney bitch. I enjoy the hip quite well sober. @Auscocky, not bad for country music. Made it all the way though it:)

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #49 (Edited)
Mostly metal is my favorites. I still love the oldies from "my time", like Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Ozzy, Dio, Warlock, WASP, Tesla, to name a few, and there's many more. Never cared for much "pop". Never cared for country much at all, though Johnny Cash is just super cool, and very unique if you think about it. Toward the end of his life when he remade songs like Rusty Cage and some others, was just bone chilling cool in my book.

But the new "metal", I don't know if they still call it metal or what, that my boys (21 and 18) like I think is freakin' awesome! I hate to name a few bands and give you guys the wrong impression, because only a few names come to mind, but I really love their music believe it or not. Stuff like Dragon Force, Bullet for my Valentine, Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, (Yeah, I shouldn't have named names....!)

Pretty sure my first concert was Triumph (Helix opened), in a small old hockey rink in Canada. For a 3 man band, Triumph erupted with a wall of sound that felt like CPR! Wow!!!
Can`t beat a bit of classic Priest, tbone!
Marshall stacks...H*ll yeah!!!

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Everything except rap.
I'm driving a tractor the radio is mostly off. I like the sound of a humming diesel and to make sure things are running alright.

I like the peace and quiet! but love the diesel talking! 855 Cummins or 893 Cat!!

1st concert - Tanya Tucker was warmup. She kind of stole the show from whoever was main act. I
think she was only 17. Maybe was Barry Allen???

Most memorable concert was Beach Boys. They had the Colosseum on it's feet and rocking!!

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Rammstien, Disturbed, Five Finger Death Punch, In This moment, Chili Peppers, Slipknot,

Iron Maiden and Metallica for easy listening.

The Doors, Stones, The Who, Elton John for hangover days.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
70-mid 90s Alternative music or what they call cutting edge or avant garde. I guess that's my real passion if you can call it that....so many sub genres at that time...very innovative stuff...nothing comes close today IMHO...

Love the Darkwave Industrial Noise Gothic Electronica EBM back then. The analog keyboards. Stuff was just so cutting edge and blew your mind at least when I was younger. ..still does....Saw Australia's Severed Heads a couple months ago...great stuff...Portion Control have been on my playlist as of late...

Darkwave on XM 33 plays a bunch of this stuff...my favorite 3 hrs on the radio..

My 1st band seen live was Rush you Canucks....and Primus...great stuff. ..I'm pretty musically schizophrenic and enjoy many different genres...even the old country occasionally which kinda is a nostalgia thing...not much into the new stuff...Album rock....old metal/thrash...

So much of the art has been removed from current genres...seems so contrived or forced....not much of an envelope to push anymore...and being classically trained or able to read music doesn't exactly make you a great or interesting pop artist.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Yeah....almost. It was crap to start with.....before the two hail storms we had.
Peas aren't too bad, wheat maybe 4 bags.

What did you think of Flanker? I'll give it another go.

Probably should add, mine is;
Moisture-12.5%
Protein-12.6%, as good as I've grown
Screenings-8.8%
Test Weight-77

So in other words, feed, $300 ex farm

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #59 (Edited)
Shame about your wheat. Wasn`t a very good season at all. At least the price is o.k. You`ve done well to have Chickpea to harvest. I haven`t harvested the Flanker yet. Probably not a good year to compare, as frosts did a fair bit of damage. I`ll let you know how it compares to the Suntop. Neighbor has spitfire, which looks pretty handy, so I`ll be an interesting three way comparison when I find out his yields.

41 - 60 of 873 Posts