The Combine Forum banner

721 - 740 of 765 Posts

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Arrrh, Auscocky. People like Sina piss me off to no end(I am joking, but I am jealous). I love music, period. The sad thing is she had more talent at 30 seconds out of the womb then I will ever have in my life time. I am surrounded by good friends that make their living in the music industry. From promoters to piano tuners. And I sit here just feeding the idiots. Honestly Auscocky look up Brother in arms from Sina. I am sure I posted it here. It will bring a tear to your dust ridden eye.
Not Sina but because I feel like it.

I would like to add anyone who has some tunes to make a guy feel good please post! Try to keep it out of the "main stream" if possible :)

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Last post for my drunk ass. Here is to US!!!!
Don't ever forget what we bring to the world.

·
Registered
4,093 Posts
Good example there Beerwiser with Black Label. I was going to post that a lot of metal heads appreciate good music. Lots of good ballads came from the bands labelled as hard rock or heavy metal. I use the term metal head jokingly for that reason. Find someone into dance or rap and they tend to not care so much for other stuff. Maybe it was just the friends I hung out with in the day, but friends that were more into heavy rock could always appreciate a good tune played on a good system.

There are songs that a person likes to listen to that come on the radio or you play through a $100 speaker and then there is music that becomes an entirely different experience on a system that is just not loud, clean, tight and crisp but creates a soundstage with depth and width. I kept listening to a wider range of music as the hifi system got better. A couple songs that are not so much about the song, but the recording. The one I have here is from the Holly Cole Trio "Treasure" cd. And the song of Gary Allens album is a great recording as the soundstage gets created plus the opening guitar can make the hair tingle.

·
Registered
4,093 Posts
Another one best played loud and clean, along with "more than this" on their greatest hits cd.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I don't know, but tina was rather hottt...and of course Kenney is in there too...all the best...hopefully everyone is good...

·
Registered
4,093 Posts
Was listening to Cranberries Dreams the other day. Good song, the recording has an edge to it that otherwise would make it in to one of my favorites for listening to at home. One last song while on subject of good recordings, playing the Rumors CD for a metal head friend who likes the Mac and remember him showing me his hair on his arms standing up from goose bumps. Joey is a good tune but don't have the cd to know if it's a good recording.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Sorry if I posted this before. These guys still kick ass and I have tickets for fridays show......

·
Registered
306 Posts
That would be outstanding if this pandemic would f**k off and we could go to a show and a restaurant on Friday! But I wouldn’t bet on it... 😞

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Mags, I am hoping there is a silver lining to this. Maybe, just maybe people will realize what is important in life. Money is not everything. I

721 - 740 of 765 Posts