The Combine Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone else having more and more problems with spray drift. In the last few years as my neighbours try and get bigger and bigger and get further behind in there work load the more my crops are suffering. Year after year this is going on and getting worse, I'm tempted to just go spray 20-30 acres of there field so they can deal with the weeds that come later and the piss me off feeling. I also have good neighbours too that never spray in too much wind. I'm not a believer in let it go because it might be me that kills there's sometime because I don't spray when conditions aren't right. I don't want to be a total A hole about it but if your gonna kill 30 acres of my crop spraying in high wind, kinda shows your not much of a neighbor to begin with. Sorry had to rant I take pride in my crops and just pisses me off.

·
Registered
4,669 Posts
You have to talk to them, if it's really bad. Tell them it's happened before and this time you want them to call there insurance company. Once the insurance is involved you don't have to deal with neighbour at all, it's through insurance. I dealt with this myself and the process isn't as bad as you think. Take lots of notes, now when I see so done spraying beside me in a bad wind I write down the date and weather conditions just in case.

·
Registered
93 Posts
X3, go over there, take then your truck with you and show them.
Did this a few times, heard excuses such as "all of the canola is twisted and pointing to the ground this year" and just straight up "I don't see any damage" when the crop is mysteriously dying along one fenceline. Sometimes if they are boneheaded like that just ask them who you can contact for an insurance claim. At least a higher insurance premium might make them think

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have talked to them I'm just sick of this happening every year. Plus why don't they phone insurance and deal with that, I didn't screw up they did. It's not same guys every year just always one of three.

·
Registered
868 Posts
the speed create's the problem ,with induction nozzle's a guy can slow down to 4-5 mph and with 25psi on the boom you can do two passes and still do reasonable job.
Nothing will work 15mph
Some don't know
Some don't care
Some go back and do those passes when wind changed.
With the esther's it 's a big problem (canola)
Say nothing is the worst you can do.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
go and buy them a pack of bubble jet nozzels there reat nozzels ive done some dumb spraying in high winds next to my own crop no a bit of drift even i was surpised that was round up thou
my cut off for most chems is 35 k unles half way throu a tank then its 40 k winds

·
Premium Member
2,789 Posts
That is frustrating. I am lucky to have great neighbors. I got my neighbors crop last year. I was preseed spraying and it drifted into his wheat that just started to emerge. I didn't notice any emergence when spraying. I went and told him when I noticed. He wouldn't let me do anything about it. This year he asked if am interested in leasing some of his ground when he retires. I had neighbors that sprayed some of mine on accident, came and told me. I figure it happens and when they are good about it, it is easy to let it slide. When they do it and ignore it, that is maddening. Talk to them when you can talk calmly. Fighting with neighbors or letting things fester with neighbors makes life in general not as fun.

·
Registered
880 Posts
x5 had it once with neighbors spraying in 40k wind drifting round-up in our canola.
had hughe flames in it. was never able to prove it because the chemical worked itself out by the time the tests were finished, made them very clear to never do it again.

go there and tell them, doing nothing gets you nowhere!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.