The Combine Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
on my 1688 first today my digitial readout for my rotar fan eng.... tottally quite... then shutoff my fedder won't start back up. referser would not work ether . Then if I let the machine cool down it would start up again then quite again. thought maybee hyd.. level fine cheacked filters seem fine even if it is hyd why the reverser quite working? then if I do get it going then the reall sometimes will slowely wuite working? replaced switch still no better . any ideas thanks for any thought at all..

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
Could be the alternator needs blowing out or replaced. Batteries too. A shorted battery can cause all sorts voltage problems. Did you clean the battery terms and make sure all connections are good and clean? Washing the combine, which I realize is a requirement in some areas, you'll have connection issues at near every electrical junction there is.

I'd start witht he basics before you go investing more in filters and oils. Make sure all battery connections are clean and functional. Then make sure the batteries are good and not shorting on you. Next look at the alternator and make sure the thing is charging properly.

If it were just the feeder, I'd say it might have been the engine oil pressure switch, but since the display went bad and the reel slows down, I wonder if it is simply weak voltage all the way through?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Had a similar problem trying to combine in verry cold weather and the intake air temp was to cold and the combine safety shuts of the feeder. You may have a similar issue and the computer is shutting off the feeder as a safety

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
after a ton of time tryying to fig this out I got it part way figured out. The power feed to the key switch had low voltage everthing around it was just fine so I took an put a jumper wire to feed key switch wire from the selenoid that s atached to the graintank side underneath the control counsal. not sure why the wire is not getting full voltage but at least I am up and running again

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
The wire that sends power to the key switch may have a corroded connection or even a break in some of the wire strands inside the coating. I dont recall if that wire goes through one of the pin connections or not, but those pin connectors leave much to be desired. I had to take a zip tie and hold one of the connectors at an angle to keep connection on one pin that was loose. If that power wire does go through a pin connector, it may be a loose pin within it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts