The Combine Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI, any one out there running the accelerator from precision parts out of ND . Or has any one solved their problems by going to the triple belt system offered by Deere, and perhaps people could give me their opinion on JD's rice accelerator. Thank in advance I hope to solve my problems with the darn thing before next harvest

·
Registered
218 Posts
We have put one on our 9650 and it is a huge improvement but not perfect. We still smoked 2 belts this fall, the triple ribbed belt on the new ones looks like it will help as well but the best thing would to have it driven by hydro's so a person coukld reverse the dmn thing. Does deere offer the 3 rib belt and pulleys as an upgrade on older machines? If so I would install that as well. I should also mention that the local JD shop is installing these things in ALOT of combines.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have the acc and the discharge beater plus speed up kit and have no problems at all,but this was my first year with sts and also have kutchar rotor,concaves. I have no rumbling or slugging what so ever it runs pretty strong in beans and corn hope this help.

·
Premium Member
4,295 Posts
My neighbor tried the Pfparts feed acc, they really like it, no more dirt getting inside it and making the combine shake, better feeding, never plugged on them this year. We have the High cap feeding package from Deere on our 9870s and I believe that comes with the "rice acc" That combined with the new triple belt makes it a non issue, we never really worry about it anymore, we did plug it sometimes this year but that was in very tough canary seed which is in a category by itself. But start with the triple belt system its a big improvement.

·
Registered
718 Posts
We installed the Kuchar accelerator in our 9750 this year. We didn't smoke the belt once all year and no more vibration from dirt inside, like the factory one.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Accelerator drive problems

I have found a drive that uses two double belts and should elimate the problem all together

HI, any one out there running the accelerator from precision parts out of ND . Or has any one solved their problems by going to the triple belt system offered by Deere, and perhaps people could give me their opinion on JD's rice accelerator. Thank in advance I hope to solve my problems with the darn thing before next harvest

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had a prototype set built. Had them installed on one of my 9760s and now am building three more sets. I am just in the process of getting pricing in order and figuring out production. I can send you fotos if you like.

·
Super Moderator
2,511 Posts
I had a prototype set built. Had them installed on one of my 9760s and now am building three more sets. I am just in the process of getting pricing in order and figuring out production. I can send you fotos if you like.
Post them on here please, I'm sure there are many curious.
Wish you could get something like that for the APS on a Lexion.:rolleyes:

Don

·
Registered
761 Posts
rotor plugs

We are running the new drives on all four of our 9760s. They work fabulous. You can not plug the feed accelerator.
So does it then plug the rotor? I ask this because my mate bought a 9750 STS when they first came out and when he was harvesting my canola they twice jammed it up in greenish patches in the windrow. Plugged it so bad took them 3hrs to clear. Had to unbolt sections of the cage to get it to clear. I lost touch with it after that so don't know if they improved it or found better ways to clear plugs.
I have a particular interest in this as we take delivery of a low rotor hour 9650 next week. Any clues on how to get through ropey hybrid canola appreciated.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Is this the high speed or low speed. Do you have to change pulleys to change speeds? Like going corn to rice or vice versa. The new feed acc in the California package made a huge difference in the performance of the machine in rice. But you have to change the combed floor out with the smooth to go back into corn.

·
Registered
5 Posts
It is in low speed. We have found on our farm the low works the best for all crops. They has also been a service bulletin from deere that sts's can be left in low even thought the book says different.

·
Registered
931 Posts
I put a rice acc and the speed up kit in a 9650 a couple years ago havent pluged it since. Had the tripple belt kit on the standard acc helped some but still would plug. The rice acc is a little smaller diameter so has more room to get product under it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts