The Combine Forum banner

21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Local elevator just offered me $5/bu for feed barley delivered. Central Alberta. Good luck finding $4 stuff.
central alberta eh?

I think that there are people who live closer to Saskatoon that grow barley. I wonder what the elevators around Saskatoon are bidding for feed barley

·
Registered
27 Posts
But you all can stop commenting on what the prices are in central Alta, or feedlot alley by lethbridge is offering and hijacking my thread with this garbage.

If you want to comment amongst yourselves what you hope to be paid for your malt barley over in Central ALta, that's fine but please start a new thread and stop trying to discredit me on this one with your smart ass comments about my luck finding what -have you bothered to even look what the prices are over here?

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Soil mositure low to moderate, we are located north of the trans a hr, guys are talking 60bu/ac for a norm, up to ninty on a good year..

Not many aces grown in past grown to barley.. But at 5 dollars it's sounding ok..

Had a rye buyer offering 5 this last week and said barley could go up another dollar before May..

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
But you all can stop commenting on what the prices are in central Alta, or feedlot alley by lethbridge is offering and hijacking my thread with this garbage.

If you want to comment amongst yourselves what you hope to be paid for your malt barley over in Central ALta, that's fine but please start a new thread and stop trying to discredit me on this one with your smart ass comments about my luck finding what -have you bothered to even look what the prices are over here?
$4.50 delivered to the elevator. 20 miles down the road......

2hours farther east then Saskatoon.

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
$4.50 delivered to the elevator. 20 miles down the road......

2hours farther east then Saskatoon.
I'm not very far off .... as per the attachment $4.05 delivered viterra undisclosed location.. March 1st to March 31st.

Thanks for the update meskie

·
Registered
982 Posts
And they bought so much at 4.05 they decided to bump the price to 4.50 out of the goodness of their hearts. Viterra must be one of the most generous companies ever!! ?

·
Registered
369 Posts
I just looked up your company online. Right of the bat you have the phrase, "every conversation is an opportunity", in this case you have taken the opportunity to make an ass of yourself to farmers all over western Canada.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
I'm not very far off .... as per the attachment $4.05 delivered viterra undisclosed location.. March 1st to March 31st.

Thanks for the update meskie
That’s to melfort. They were paying close to 4.50 earlier in March also......about the time you had a $4 offer out

·
Registered
27 Posts
I just looked up your company online. Right of the bat you have the phrase, "every conversation is an opportunity", in this case you have taken the opportunity to make an ass of yourself to farmers all over western Canada.
I wonder if these people talk to their elevator reps and neighbors in real life like they do to me from the safety of anonymity behind a keyboard

If standing up to a couple of bullies is making an ass out of my self then so be it.

sorry the rest of you had to read this all. I have asked combine forum to delete this entire thread

·
Premium Member
898 Posts
I wonder if these people talk to their elevator reps and neighbors in real life like they do to me from the safety of anonymity behind a keyboard

If standing up to a couple of bullies is making an ass out of my self then so be it.

sorry the rest of you had to read this all. I have asked combine forum to delete this entire thread
I am pretty obviously not anonymous, and I will say you've certainly made a bit of an ass of yourself.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
People are just giving you what the prices are, saving you a little leg work I would say.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
for what it's worth I originally started this thread, since then I just sold 52,000 bushels of barley to JGL, picked up in my yard for 4.40 a bushel, 5 or 6 trucks a day till all but one load has gone. payment for the first 20 loads within a week.last 6 still pending. great company no complaints! truckers are ok but need to have a bit better map or gps skills.location near Rosetown ,west central sask.

·
Registered
273 Posts

Sorry Mr Sensitive. Not trying to be a smart ass. Just pointing out as to why I think you aren’t having much luck finding $4 feed barley. In all honesty I’m just about as close to Saskatoon as I am to Lethbridge. I’m shocked at the price difference. May I ask where your feed barley is destined for?

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
I was by no means trying to be offensive to anyone on here. I was just stating that feed barley prices here are knocking on $5/bu and find it hard to believe that there would be a $1/bu price difference from here to Saskatoon. But hey, I can learn something new everyday :)

·
Registered
880 Posts
I was by no means trying to be offensive to anyone on here. I was just stating that feed barley prices here are knocking on $5/bu and find it hard to believe that there would be a $1/bu price difference from here to Saskatoon. But hey, I can learn something new everyday :)
I'm North east of Saskatoon and its usually a $1/bu discount from here to feedlot alley. But I've seen bids for $4.50 at the elevator lately, so I am sure you could get $4.60 through a broker.

·
Registered
982 Posts

I think almost any farmer anywhere will tell a grain buyer when their bid sucks. Your bid sucks. That does not mean you are a terrible person or anything like that but it still sucks.

I have never seen a grain buyer act like a 9 year old girl when told that their bid sucks before, that is what is making you look like an ass.

That and you keep referring to it as your thread when a quick click back to page one clearly showes that herschel started it.

·
Registered
4,126 Posts
Strong is the buthurt in this thread...:22:

I tell my grain buyers weekly that their bids suck! Don't need to go off with sand in your vag over it.

21 - 40 of 52 Posts