The Combine Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have had feeder chain jump up to four teeth on drive sproket, and run at a angle,

talked with montana dealer and they have had this happen numerous times and now says their is a issues all over canada with this happening and mentioned the area rep said their is a new drive shaft for the sproket, also mentioned to push for a warrenty feeder chain since it has been run in a angle position

anyone else have this happen

·
Registered
140 Posts
A friend with 3 7010's had all the feeder chains replaced this summer all warranty.
They have full width slats, I replaced every other pair, takes 6.
I thought the 20's all had the larger drive sprokets.

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
We have an 8010 that needs both feeder chains. Like dap54 said, they recommend putting 6 full width slats across both chains to prevent jumping. Anyone had good or bad luck doing this?

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
What I don't get is that NH has had springs on their feederhouse for as long as I can remember and chain jumping was never a problem. Sometimes I wonder why they don't take what is working on one combine and put it on the other.
?

·
Premium Member
5,770 Posts
We had the feederchain skip on our TR when it was behind (wait for it...) a macdon header!

Smooth feeding (Honeybee) for the past 2 years and have not skipped a tooth yet. Slugs will cause them to jump.

·
Registered
61 Posts
We had this problem with our 8010 last year when it was new. We finally took the spring off and put solid bushing in place of spring. We have not had any problems in the last 500hrs. If you run the spring and the drum gets pushed back on one side it has to jump a tooth on the sprocket. I don't see how the spring would ever allow it to work properly. If Case wanted the drum to move backwards in certain situations it looks like it would have to be designed so that if one side of the drum moved backwards the other side would have to move at the same time to keep everything square.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
they will be replacing the feeder chain tomorow, i will see that we tighten it to the pipe rather than the spring guide, just pees me off that this probally is the reason that the feeder shuts off early and we never found it till now

i had two honey bee 36'headers before tha 40 foot 2152, i like the honey bee but hated all the knife repairs, spent close to 5 grand over 3 years, and no support from HB, now with one year on the 2152, it will cut as good or lower, never hit the ground, and no knife or head issues, but does have a dual drive,and i think feeds as good as the hb

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts
full width slats on 8010 7010's why the f didn't they do it in 03. feeder is to long i think but has to be for the size of the combine. keep the spring loaded ones over tight.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I put 6 full slats on my 06 8010 last year before corn harvest, works very well. I just combined a 1000 acre of pinto beans and still havent had to tighten the chain. When I had two seperate chains the centers would always droop and wear more than the outsides. I think the full slats even the load and the wear. I didnt try it in the wheat this summer, used a 7010.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
had this problem on our 7010 and haven't solved it yet but if you keep new chains in and keep them tight we have less problems. but would be keen to see some full slats working. what is the CIH part number?

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
we replaced the chain today, the old chain was warped badly, and was wore out on less than 125 hrs, lol

we never found any reason why it happened, so i hope the new one does not follow the same path

1 - 15 of 15 Posts