The Combine Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious if anybody has installed this kit on there flagship combine. We just received ours but instruction's call for removing the stripper assembly infront of drive sprockets. I would think it would be better to add this additionally like our 2366 combine and to leave strippers on?

skid

·
Registered
355 Posts
Yea I put one on last year. Only because I liked it so much on my 2588. No don't need to remove strippers. Left mine on and was simple job.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Just received a feeder silencer kit for our 8230. No mention of removing stripper plates in our instruction sheets. Picture shows them still installed. I doubt if the pic good enough to scan and post.
Will try to install when someone is about to hold the other end.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Did it make enough of a difference to make it worthwhile? I am always surprised by how quiet the machine gets when I switch off the feeder. What was the kit worth?

thanks

Steve

·
Registered
355 Posts
Well it did make it a not quiter until I raised my feeder floor. But i could hear occasional bounce sort if noise from new and that's gone now. Was thinking that was the chain catching on the drive sprockets. The main reason besides noise is the chain feeds off the drive sprockets smoothly supposedly to reduce wip and stop chain stretching prematurely. On an 88 series I would def put on as chain doesn't touch stripper plates anymore so never need touch again. My Flagship must be different as stripper plates didn't have a mark after one season before put silencer on

1 - 6 of 6 Posts