The Combine Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
That post of your bundybear kinda made me laugh!

Its very much reading the book if you are looking for answers to problem and most of them say "call your dealer"

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
you know as well as i do rubberduck, you can spend all day chasing your tail trying to narrow down electrical problems.

·
Registered
486 Posts
true...

the prober mechanics is usually only able to narrow it down to a certain computerboard that they then toss in the bin and replace with another one.

other than that electrical issues just makes you want to petrol and matches at it

·
Registered
139 Posts
Hows your magnetism????is coil no. 3 activated????if not you have a power , or grnd, or connection isssue. Clean your connector on the valvestack, spray it dow with a good penetrating oil.Also if your reel raises and lowers fine you might have a switch issue???now if you have magnitism at coil no.3, you probably have a o-ring rolled on the manual drop rate poppet, poppet in question is above the 1/4"bolt on the bottom of the raise lower valve, please note that o-ring material can get stuck in the seat under the no.3 hyd .stem. If you are going to work on the hyd. system make sure the feederhouse is down with pressure released.the kit to repair valve is a ah151400.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the tips. did you read the question about the oil pressure warning light. the engine has pressure but the light will not go off. when i put this machine to rest last fall after harvest, everything was working fine! any suggestions are appreciated.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Chasing down Murphy and elec. problems are a pain. If it was working when you parked her, then it's possible that Mickey Rat did some chewing on things....

I hope you find your problem without too much hassle.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Did you add hydraulic oil in tank before cranking. If you bust a line or leaks out and you add oil, sometimes there is an air lock and you have to press the charge pressure fitting right above the electrical control bank with motor idling till you get oil out of the little insert in center of fitting. This lets the air out and then hydraulics work normal.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts