The Combine Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have thoughts or a remedy on keeping debris off of the top of the feederhouse? We bought a feederhouse debris deflector from W.A. Johnson, it seems to be working well, although it needs to be wider to cover the clutch assembly, seems that is also a converging point for debris especially now with corn harvest. The deflector we are using is very simple, consisting of a couple large magnets, a heavy canvas tarp like material and a couple large springs giving it a springing action, thus far it has worked well, but if the magnets weaken or something goes wrong, what are other solutions? We do looked into a feederhouse fan kit, but they run about 1500.00 to 2000.00, just curious. I'm new to the forum and needed a topic as well

Thanks

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
there isn't really a solution that ive seen that truly works...

some people tried the mesh cage style to try and deflect, and it helps to some degree, but at the end of the day you still end up with a large pile of debris.

Easiest solution and a very fast one, bring along a scoop shovel and just scoop it off if you have downtime or need to clean the windshield.

·
Registered
102 Posts
You could slow your reel down a little bit That seemed to keep alot of debris off my feeder house when im cutting im cutting wheat anyway.

·
Registered
30 Posts
WA Johnson sells a retractable tarp looking apparatus that attaches to the cab moulding and the header top rail and the crap slide back into the head. My complaint would be detaching that thing to clean windows during the afternoon w. my california car duster.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts