The Combine Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are having major trouble with the narrow feeder house on a 9060. It is the limiting factor on this machine. We have tried different fronts and still having problems in cereals - wheat & barley.
We are running 40ft fronts & both fronts (Mid-west & Macdon2152) work 100% on our 8010.
The feederhouse is only 40 inches wide v 50+inches on most other machines.
Anyone have a fix for this?

·
Super Moderator
4,125 Posts
http://www.macdon.com/docs/support/MacDon-CA20-Parts-Catalog.pdf
Pg 42 and 43. Auger flights are the same for all machines but the strippers are machine specific.
Note the kits are whole-goods only. Read, you have to get it from a salesman who knows nothing about it.

You need a B4829 auger flighting extensions and B4923 stripper bars.
These kits must be installed together. Drilling required on the auger tube unless MacDon puts the holes in now.
I had the same trouble with a CR9070 in barley, so I hope this helps you out.

Don

·
Super Moderator
4,125 Posts
MacDon personal are asked not to post on any forum whether anonymous or not so I was asked to relay this massage to you
"Quoting MacDon personal":
"We shipped some kits to Australia for this. Mostly for evaluation but we may have some left.

The production kits will be available in May.

It is the curved filler plates and spring hold down for the feed auger. We have had great success with it, it appears to work on all CRs wide and narrow.

If you would not mind you may want to reply back telling the customer to call our MacDon Australia office in Melbourne for support on this as we have a proposed fix that rectifies (so far) the problem."

This is over and above my previous suggestion."
"End quote".

Don

I edited this just so you knew what I said and what MacDon personal said.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts