The Combine Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 6000 series bougault air tank with the 10" auger. Needed to replace the downspout. phoned the local supply shop they only have access to the 6 7 8 and 10 inch downspouts. funny thing on the bourgault 10" auger the downspout is 9" and the dealers price is $300 plus dollars for a 43" piece of hose. I could get the 10" hose for less than 1/3" that price. I may look at getting the 10" instead, but wow some prices are a little out of this world.

I also check with goodall rubber eriks supply, and they say i need to get it from bourgault because they dont supply it either.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
We replaced our with the 10" from Erick's Supply, works better than the original and much more durable. Easy to put on, 2 tarp straps over the top hooked onto the wire in the downspout. At least I see that bourgaults downspout is coming down in price, 3 years ago it was $350.

·
Premium Member
2,138 Posts
10" and a few rolls of duct tape to fill in the gap?? Let us know if works. haha I have been in your shoes more than once. Example, the flexi meter rollers have a pvc spacer in the middle between the bearings. Switching from 6 run to 8 run I had to buy a spacer. $30 for 1.5" piece of about 1.5" pcv with a hole drilled through it for a roll pin! Figured I can buy a piece of something to make a spacer. If I did not need it done quickly and planned ahead better I would have made one on my lathe. I could not find that size pipe anywhere.

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
Don't you love how they use odd ball sized crap like that so you can't get it anywhere else? I don't.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just use a poly down spout of a grain auger they actually work better.
not sure that would work very well for me. I use super bs to fill the cart and part of the problem is that when swinging the auger in place the spout often has to flex over the back saftey rail because I do not have enough room to get the auger under the super bs while still missing the back rail, and I am pretty sure that a poly auger spout will not flex enough for this.

I think I might try getting the local guy to order some 10" stuff in and slice the top portion where it attaches to the auger and overlap it on itself to tighten it up to 9" at the top and leave the rest at 10". its worth a try for the difference, and given it looks like I will be sitting for at least a couple more days due to rain, what the heck I may just give it a try and take back the one I got as it is still sitting in the semi in the package and the old one is functioning for the moment with good ol duct tape.

·
Registered
734 Posts
That is not an uncommon price, why they get what they do for hose like that is unknown to me. Ever price out grain vac hose?
Just like that bourgault idea if anybody has one for the 6" clear-ish hose for Walinga vac would be good to hear as believe I need one replaced and seem to remember last time from Walinga it was $500 - less than 20'. Really do like the swivel they build into it, but would think there other hose that person could use with this that would not wear out faster and be as convenient to use.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Just like that bourgault idea if anybody has one for the 6" clear-ish hose for Walinga vac would be good to hear as believe I need one replaced and seem to remember last time from Walinga it was $500 - less than 20'. Really do like the swivel they build into it, but would think there other hose that person could use with this that would not wear out faster and be as convenient to use.
We were just talking about that on the grain vac thread. I was quoted something like $48/ft for 7" flex hose from Walinga. I ended up ordering a Flexaust product through Motion Canada for around $29/ft. 6" should be a little cheaper.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts