The Combine Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried out the Fendt 7? Is the capacity similar to the 9560, does it have an improved sample compared to last series of massey? They look to be a more complex machine mechanically/technically than the Massey.

·
Registered
291 Posts
We had a ideal 8 out against my 9560 massey it was probably the same capacity definitely not anymore. If you want to stay simple gleaner might be where a guy has to go. They gave me a s98 and it’s pretty darn close to the capacity of the 9560. You do have to slow down a little extra in the green kochia but the 9560 s seem to swallow anything

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Did the s98 give you a better sample in wheat , easier to set for different crops etc? I have a 540c and like it other than cleaning up wheat sample. But does great job on the pulse crops.

·
Registered
291 Posts
It’s just a demo, we did canola with it only. I have been told they are really good in wheat. I have issues with white caps with my 9560’s too, and since straight cut canola certain years with rotor loss too. Agco really left a bunch of us in a grey area, we were running the massey because it’s simple, then they replaced it with something that is not simple. The worst part is that the Fendt still seams to be a work in progress, when the fendt 2.0 comes out I am sure it will be perfect but that’s probably a couple years away. But all Color’s do it, the S series’s deeres did not start out too good, flagship new hollands, and case did not start good. S77 gleaner had issues, I have even heard the 8000 Lexions needed some tweaking.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
I put 2 Sunnybrook concaves in my 9540 this fall... to clean up the white caps.. with the additions of those plus the airfoil sieve the 9540 has become as easy to set as the old 9895.. whether it was this fall's conditions or the Sunnybrook concave, capacity also increased..
setup: front 2 concave blanked off, then 2 more blanks on the right side.. left side has the 2 sunnybrooks.. all the rest are original..

ran it for a short time in canola(same concave setup), concave set at 2-2.10, seems to be doing a good job, no cracks showing up.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I have had the sunnybrooks for several years now, yes they are way better than factory, but I still have to fight to get the white caps out. Could be my wheat variety or that we haven’t had rain therefore a good crop for a few years to fill it. The canola issue I am blaming on the wet green stocks on the canola plants. We had another year of the pods ripened up but the plant stayed green. Sprayed or not no difference, just think in the transverse rotor the green straw won’t let the seed out. Straight cutting canola is one of those things I don’t know if we are really gaining year after year. We are all spending big money on headers trying to put this stuff through faster but it’s still wayyyyyy slower than if it was in a swath, and then it seems every couple years I have this green stem issue that makes it super duper fun to get through.
I put 2 Sunnybrook concaves in my 9540 this fall... to clean up the white caps.. with the additions of those plus the airfoil sieve the 9540 has become as easy to set as the old 9895.. whether it was this fall's conditions or the Sunnybrook concave, capacity also increased..
setup: front 2 concave blanked off, then 2 more blanks on the right side.. left side has the 2 sunnybrooks.. all the rest are original..

ran it for a short time in canola(same concave setup), concave set at 2-2.10, seems to be doing a good job, no cracks showing up.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Why would a transverse rotor be worse for getting seed out of green straw? Isn't the separation part of the rotor operating on the same principle as an axial rotor? I get that the threshing part works differently.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I screwed up i should have said Axial (massey) ,I am just thinking the green straw isn’t fluffing up enough to let the seed out. I am sure transverse probably won’t be any better, but you never know. Probably need to go to a Lexion or just swath again.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts