The Combine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our Massey dealer is interested in demoing a Fendt Ideal combine for us this year. Anyone know anything about these combines?

·
Registered
508 Posts
I'm assuming the T9, they are suppose to have big capacity and pretty advanced with electronics. 52 sensors adjust machine on the go.

·
Registered
802 Posts
I'm assuming the T9, they are suppose to have big capacity and pretty advanced with electronics. 52 sensors adjust machine on the go.

All fine for about the first five years, then the nightmare of sensor errors, codes and wiring problems will make all these latest machines worthless. Basically it will be into the crusher and off to China to be recycled.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes.
I know you should take them up on their demo offer!
I have let them know that we are interested. We grow canola and wheat and I've heard the Fendt struggled with losses a little more in canola last year so maybe that would be the better crop to be in while doing the demo. Hopefully they have made some improvements to their machine over the last year. It would be exciting to see it leave our Lexions in the dust.

·
Super Moderator
3,467 Posts
You otta update your avatar and sig!

For sure the Fendt has outstanding grain unloading speed and control of rate.
Holds the most fuel (1500 L).
It’s grey.
End of my knowledge.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I have let them know that we are interested. We grow canola and wheat and I've heard the Fendt struggled with losses a little more in canola last year so maybe that would be the better crop to be in while doing the demo. Hopefully they have made some improvements to their machine over the last year. It would be exciting to see it leave our Lexions in the dust.
What Lexions are you running now? It may or may not be a fair comparison. You may have to run the newer 700 or 8000 Lexions against the IDEAL. But from what I have read and seen on this site the Lex's would be tough to beat even for the IDEAL.

Please report back on the demo if it happens.

·
Registered
509 Posts

All fine for about the first five years, then the nightmare of sensor errors, codes and wiring problems will make all these latest machines worthless. Basically it will be into the crusher and off to China to be recycled.
Yup what he said

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What Lexions are you running now? It may or may not be a fair comparison. You may have to run the newer 700 or 8000 Lexions against the IDEAL. But from what I have read and seen on this site the Lex's would be tough to beat even for the IDEAL.

Please report back on the demo if it happens.
We have 760's.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It’s a 9 on wheels if Trochu Motors is the dealer.
It is Trochu Motors that I was talking to. I believe the combine that they will be demoing for us is on order and won't be in till mid September. I think it will be a track machine.

·
Registered
359 Posts
[QUOTE Hopefully they have made some improvements to their machine over the last year. It would be exciting to see it leave our Lexions in the dust.[/QUOTE]

never raced a header fly me over to try at least once on my bucket list now same as corn and meet the Don while there

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
1 - 20 of 78 Posts