The Combine Forum banner
81 - 100 of 118 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,398 Posts
Very interesting video,I love the 5 year bumper to bumper warranty and would like to know the cost of it.
Bumper to bumper 3 years standard, 2 additional optional, cheaper up front but can be purchased up to end of regular warranty but higher cost.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Will the other manufacturers follow with longer warranties? You would think that combines should have at least 3 years warranty considering that most would not even have 1000 hours at the end of 3 years and the price tag.

·
Registered
105 Posts
2020s in Australia only have 2 year. We extend ours to 5yrs covers everything except your normal wearing items. Includes labour and travel. Small excess on claims. Around 5k per year depending on model.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I friend of me runs a "red" dealership.
They also offer the full package warrenty, bumper to bumper. For combines and all other kinds of machinery. Usually also for 5yrs.
But you hsve to do (and pay) the yearly maintenance at the dealership.

He said Agco was frist with this but all the others followed. No matter if lime green, dark green, yellow or red...

·
Super Moderator
4,398 Posts
This sort of offer is in Agco’s heritage.
About 40 years ago Gleaner when they were a stand alone brand offered something very similar to the Agco plan.
I think it was five year bumper to bumper included in list price plan.
Done because it sells combines.
Still does.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Anyone else running these Ideals get as much trouble as Mike seems to get with the chopper getting blocked?. There must be a lip or an edge inside somewhere thats obstructing the straw as it falls down from the rotors or perhaps the ends of the rotors should be fitted with blades to make an initial chop and shorten the length of the material before it falls down to the chopper. Whatever is up Agco want to sort it or I'd say the Mitchell's will go back to the green paint.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Blocked our spinners once last year in canola but that turned out to be a spinner rpm issue. Rotor exit has been updated to the Shark fin design for this harvest but never had any problems in our conditions.

·
Super Moderator
4,398 Posts
Anyone else running these Ideals get as much trouble as Mike seems to get with the chopper getting blocked?. There must be a lip or an edge inside somewhere thats obstructing the straw as it falls down from the rotors or perhaps the ends of the rotors should be fitted with blades to make an initial chop and shorten the length of the material before it falls down to the chopper. Whatever is up Agco want to sort it
To state the obvious, wonder if his chopper hammers are rounded on the leading edge?
Had a TX 68 NH that was ultra sensitive to rounded rotating chopper knives, endless bridging.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
I friend of me runs a "red" dealership.
They also offer the full package warrenty, bumper to bumper. For combines and all other kinds of machinery. Usually also for 5yrs.
But you hsve to do (and pay) the yearly maintenance at the dealership.

He said Agco was frist with this but all the others followed. No matter if lime green, dark green, yellow or red...
Actually had a similar program here way back for the MF 3500 series tractors when they came out after the 2000 series.
If you bought the tractor new and brought it in yearly for a maintenance check list to be performed, mostly I remember change hydraulic filters and oil yearly the warranty was extended to 3 years 3000 hours which ever came first.

·
Registered
5,047 Posts
Blocked our spinners once last year in canola but that turned out to be a spinner rpm issue. Rotor exit has been updated to the Shark fin design for this harvest but never had any problems in our conditions.
Yes all of the Mitchel farm combines have been updated to the shark fin design. In tough lentil straw, they don't appear to make any difference compared to the old design. The worst part is there's no way of knowing whether the straw is starting to plug or not. By the time the rotors plug it's way too late.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Don’t know about you guys, there is no way I would put up with that, one way or the ****ing other that would quickly end!
It‘s the reason I got rid of a NH TX68.
I was watching Mike digging out that back end multiple times throughout the day and I was thinking the same thing Don. That combine would be gone, period!

·
Registered
5,047 Posts
The Deere doesn't belong to Mike. It is his father's machine. I think Mike owns the Fendt so that's what they took up north since it's their (well his wife's) personal venture. Overall I think he's pretty impressed with the Fendt's capabilities, but this problem with the discharge plugging that just cannot seem to be solved means his next machine will be a Deere, no doubt about it. Unless his wife convinces him to try Case again. Had it not been for the crop failure this year I suspect they would have traded all the Fendts off this year.

·
Registered
474 Posts
I was watching Mike digging out that back end multiple times throughout the day and I was thinking the same thing Don. That combine would be gone, period!
I agree with both of you! I wouldn’t keep a POS like that around even if it was free!! Harvest is stressful enough without added Bullsh!t by an obvious problem that Agco/Ideal can’t figure out!!
We’ve probably all been there at one time or another. Dons was a TX68, mine was a MF860! A 200 hour CaseIh 2188 demo in neighborhood, I owned it 30 minutes later…been CaseIh ever since!

·
Super Moderator
4,398 Posts
I’d like to think it was something simple like severely rounded leading edge rotating chopper knives but surely that has been checked.
The Kondex knives, if they fit up, should be tried, they are a very clever design to remain square leading edge.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Was there enough of a crop in your area Don to get a feel for how the Ideals worked you combine with?

·
Registered
377 Posts
In one of his latest videos you can see 2 Ideal tracked machines in their yard,and someone in the comments asked about them and he replied they were both loaner machines,so i suspect they were not too reliable this season either even with no crop.

81 - 100 of 118 Posts