The Combine Forum banner
21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Guess I’m old school had nh gleaner now run a second hand Claas 670 last two harvests.
can fix darn near everything ourselves.

not into harvesting bullshit but we lapped a 8.9 yellow last year he obviously didn’t have it set up

·
Ooohhh Deere
1,865 Posts
Was hoping you were in southern NSW foxwell so I could check out the big black beast in action

·
Registered
105 Posts
Was hoping you were in southern NSW foxwell so I could check out the big black beast in action
They sold 25 my20s for this harvest so prob be one around the place to look at. Only doing poor canola at the moment but hopefully get into some barley next week. Very happy so far other than not liking the tracks. Big step up from our 8240, samples better, lot less fuel usage and the auto feed rate is working brilliantly even in patchy canola.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Knew they were rough from demo in this header last year but they also give it an average turn angle, leave banks when doing to tear drop turns with 45ft front, and did I mention rough! But worst thing after coming from years of duels the horizontal stability of the combine is very poor. Wheel base is just too narrow allowing the thing to lean sharply through dips. Really looking forward to the LSW comparison when they bring our 8 out

·
Registered
60 Posts
What is the track spacing on them roughly? Just wondering if it's agco's way of keeping costs down, make them to fit the ridiculous narrow road spacing that the EU demands and them just leave them that way for the rest of the world to deal with. Whereas the likes of Claas and Deere make whatever is necessary for each market it seems. The EU versions don't really come much past the panels keeping width down whereas over here and I'm assuming for you Aussies they're spaced out nicely which gives more piece of mind when working on rolling terrain.

Interesting how you find them rough. I've only ever spent a few days in a tracked Lexion years ago but compared to wheels it was like walking on water. So much better header control, the only time you ever felt anything was going fully perpendicular through a deep tramline and even then all you got was a gentle bump bump as the back wheels crossed each wheeling.

Was your demo unit one of the new fancy fighter pilot style ones with the second joystick instead of the steering wheel? I'd be keen to try one but I can imagine it would take a hell of a time getting used to not having anything in front of you.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Think there 30"s so 3.5m transport width. I'm not sure they do axel extensions on the track machines? Compared to 5.2m on the LSWs there will obviously be a big stability difference.

Yea did a quick run in a 8700 last year and the terra track was a very impressive unit. I believe the agco tracks are getting a few updates next year and possibly a suspended cab.

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
LSWs aren’t lasting on John Deere 4wds here and a mate that owns a tyre shop said if you can actually get a new one if you need it be prepared for the price

·
Registered
105 Posts
LSWs aren’t lasting on John Deere 4wds here and a mate that owns a tyre shop said if you can actually get a new one if you need it be prepared for the price
Duels or singles? On singles really doesn't supprize me. Putting 500+ HP 25t on 4 tyres that grip better than duals sounds like a short tyre life span to me

Running them on a combine with low drive torque and a cycling max load will be there best fit 🤞

·
Registered
684 Posts
Dang, at 10K a piece that's got to stink. I almost went for something like this then ended up with a 9620RX instead.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Been a buyer over the years of many a combine. I am intrigued by the ideal concept. I am however in total amazement that the feeder house width on the fendt ideal is get this, five inches narrower than a john deer STS feeder house. I live in a heavy straw area and why would you build a combine with a feeder house width that is smaller than many borderline feeder house setups out there. Add the tough straw issue that occurs after sundown and I see a issue here.
After looking at the combine at the regina show. I'm thinking this looks so abnormal for a machine capable of a 45 straightcut. Way to small? Otherwise beauty of a machine, Newholland went from a 50 to a 40 inch feeder house width in the 1990's.on the tr 96 wore out the reverser in the first year in 25 ft swaths . So now 45 feet in tough straw. Just saying????? You don't move the house of the foundation to tighten the cloths line?? I'm sure fendt will figure this out and the combine will perform. Its design simplicity is so refreshing. Best looking combine on the planet for sure?

·
Registered
225 Posts
To be honest, I was thinking a bit that all this brand-dropping by AGCO was a strategy of Martin Richtenhagen. Is it a coincedence that the german american CEO (2004-2020) pushes the german Fendt brand and doesnt have a much historic connection to the old american brands from the 70's and 80's.

Maybe the course will be different now, because he retired in 2021.

Funny: His successor Eric Hansotia was 20 years at Deere and Company, Senior Vice President, Global Harvesting und Vice President von Global Crop Care.
So does he have any connection to Massey, Gleaner ...??

·
Ooohhh Deere
1,865 Posts
Are you still around Foxwell?
What’s your thoughts on it.

21 - 40 of 54 Posts