The Combine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Kinda curious about what caused people to not consider fendt if its through your same dealer? Upset they took massey away? Mike Mitchell? Demos going badly?

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I completely understand the reasoning . Someone who obviously liked their Massey's feel's abandoned by a company with a history of doing such . Whether the Fendt is good or not is irrelevant . Changing may be more of a protest ( possibly price ) than a best combine decision . The limited tools most have to complain include purchases and forums such as this . Unfortunately to fall on deaf corporate ears .

·
Registered
134 Posts
People ALWAYS resist change!
The bigger the change the bigger the resistance.
FENDT IS THE Change, there are those that will embrace it, those that will resist it and those with an open mind that will analyze it.
It doesn't help that AGCO doesn't show a clear direction of travel, but let's give it a chance,
we all know its target and that target has a blind loyalty with its majority, so the only way to gain marketshare is via performance.
Some people have an aversion to look into manuals and therefore cannot get machines set up properly yet they still voice opinions
on all kinds of equipment. :)

·
Registered
692 Posts
I get why AGCO is doing this, but unfortunately there are going to be growing pains.
Like was hinted above, it looks like they are trying create a brand that can operate more like Deere. If they can successfully consolidate some of their top products into a total Fendt line up, it should really help simplify sales and service.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I still dont understand why they cant just slap some massey stickers on it and let people choose
Thats what you get in europe...

·
Registered
591 Posts
As a current massey combine owner here are a few of the reasons I think AGCO crapped the bed on the Ideal.

1. Huge price increase, like 50% in some cases. Massey was always the cheapest class 8 on the market and now the Ideal 8 is one of the most expensive. They over optioned it and now can't walk it back because its a Fendt. The service plan is a big part of this.

2. I get the feeling the demos are not available to current Massey owners. I suspect that they don't want to waste hours on a two bit massey combine farm.

3. If you have to change all your headers why wouldn't you look at other brands? I will never understand how AGCO put a whole different header hook up face plate on the Ideal. Every AGCO combine in North America since what 1999 or 2000 used the same setup. This oversight will really hurt the used market imo.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The reason we originally went to MF from Deere was simply because of the dealer. Family owned and the best service imaginable. In the 11 years we had MF combines we were down once and the dealer drove a loaner to our farm the same night. Our Deere dealer offers excellent service and I can drive my combines there in a matter of minutes. I have no relationship with the Fendt dealer in Manitoba. Actually its 140 kilometers away and have never been there. We have 6 Deere dealers closer, and we don't care what brand it is , we just want the dealer to keep us going. We have 3 AGCO dealers close to our farm but none were selected to sell AGCO's premium brand made for the professional producers what ever that means. In my opinion 95 % of the growers in Western Canada are professional . Seems to me AGCO tried the same thing with sprayers when most of us had Rogators but soon dumped them when we could not even get filters from our local Agco dealers. :rolleyes: I don't even know if AGCO sells sprayers anymore.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts