The Combine Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
The reason we originally went to MF from Deere was simply because of the dealer. Family owned and the best service imaginable. In the 11 years we had MF combines we were down once and the dealer drove a loaner to our farm the same night. Our Deere dealer offers excellent service and I can drive my combines there in a matter of minutes. I have no relationship with the Fendt dealer in Manitoba. Actually its 140 kilometers away and have never been there. We have 6 Deere dealers closer, and we don't care what brand it is , we just want the dealer to keep us going. We have 3 AGCO dealers close to our farm but none were selected to sell AGCO's premium brand made for the professional producers what ever that means. In my opinion 95 % of the growers in Western Canada are professional . Seems to me AGCO tried the same thing with sprayers when most of us had Rogators but soon dumped them when we could not even get filters from our local Agco dealers. :rolleyes: I don't even know if AGCO sells sprayers anymore.
So I imagine you are in the Notre Dame area or perhaps nw of there. Only area of the province that has 3 family owned AGCO dealers fairly close together, and I think only Notre Dame really sold the MF combines unless Drummonds sold a few as well. I guess Treherne would be your nearest JD location. Don't think there are 6 Deere dealers in the province. What is it now, 4 I think. Yes multiple locations for the 2 large dealers.

I believe there are currently only two dealers in Manitoba that sell Fendt, LMS and AgWest. AgWest with multiple locations has not been actively selling the Ideal as they have the Claas line. LMS is mainly at Morden but are in process of building a store in the Steinbach area as well.

As far as your local dealers not being "selected" to sell Fendt, perhaps they chose not to by not being able or willing to meet the requirements to do so. Looking at the multi-year effort that LMS has gone to become a Fendt dealer it is not for the faint of heart. I would think it is a multi-million dollar commitment.

Whether or not the Ideal is a flop or not is yet to be seen. MF combines have not had much market share since the days of the 860. The last series of MF combines, the 95XX did not have enough demand for Agco to continue with them. Gleaner probably sells even more poorly in Manitoba than the MF did. At least locally, LMS has had reasonable success with the Ideal for the 2 years they have been marketing them. I hope they are successful with them, even if I don't think it fits our operation.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Rogators are also Fendts now, in Fendt colors. Same sprayer though. But if your local Agco dealer doesn't do Fendt, no more sprayers or parts. Did Fendt jack up the price on the rogator when they re-painted it?
AGCO absolutely **** all over the rugged COTS design philosophy of agchem. It just took them 15 years. CNH did it to Steiger too.

Nose Jaw Ear Flash photography Suit

·
Registered
5,728 Posts
That's one thing I've always liked about sprayers. They are simple machines. Other than propulsion, it's just plumbing. Rate controllers were swappable, as was autosteer. Pretty sure the latest crop of sprayers including the new patriot are no longer like that. Deeply integrated systems now. Makes for slick operation, but you pay for it.

·
Registered
173 Posts
The reason we originally went to MF from Deere was simply because of the dealer. Family owned and the best service imaginable. In the 11 years we had MF combines we were down once and the dealer drove a loaner to our farm the same night. Our Deere dealer offers excellent service and I can drive my combines there in a matter of minutes. I have no relationship with the Fendt dealer in Manitoba. Actually its 140 kilometers away and have never been there. We have 6 Deere dealers closer, and we don't care what brand it is , we just want the dealer to keep us going. We have 3 AGCO dealers close to our farm but none were selected to sell AGCO's premium brand made for the professional producers what ever that means. In my opinion 95 % of the growers in Western Canada are professional . Seems to me AGCO tried the same thing with sprayers when most of us had Rogators but soon dumped them when we could not even get filters from our local Agco dealers. :rolleyes: I don't even know if AGCO sells sprayers anymore.
Can definitely understand the frustration there. I didn't realize that only select dealers got to sell fendt. Whoever came up with that idea should be fired. Hard enough convincing Canadian farmers to buy a strange machine.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Can definitely understand the frustration there. I didn't realize that only select dealers got to sell fendt. Whoever came up with that idea should be fired. Hard enough convincing Canadian farmers to buy a strange machine.
It was a marketing strategy to show FENDT as a premium brand.
A Fendt dealer has to meet and offer certain standards that are COSTLY and not all dealer wish/want to underwrite them.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
What is in a name??? unless U wear green undies..

the only mistake Agco has made with the Ideal rollout is not allowing(mostly Manitoba dealers effected) is not allowing it to be sold by Massey dealers..

Massey dealers need to shoulder most of the blame for the dropping of the Massey combines, They had the opportunity to order Agco's minimum number to keep production going.. they didn't and Massey was dropped. which sadly means a simple cost effective machine is history.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts