The Combine Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
The first time I was in our 7810 I could not get it to move ..... could not figure out what the **** was going on .... finally after shutting it off and giving up I noticed this red lever on the left hand side of the steering column that had a f and an r on it ......we’ll come to a shuttle shift lol

·
Registered
880 Posts
we never ran the 9 series but the 4 and 7 we drove mostly, never brought them to canada as they are little too much luxury for a grain farm imo, but rowcrop or livestock I would want to own one.
maybe a 1050 might be nice on a big planter although i'd think the frame might be too light to work with a db 80 or bigger

Attachments

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
How in the **** are they allowed to still make 7810s and sell them ? That engine would not make emissions standards would it ? Dads has 18450 hrs and is still running strong .... well it’s getting tired but it has been an awesome tractor with very little in repairs ......,I can’t see them making them and selling them in Russia but I don’t know much
You think Russia worries about emissions and carbon footprint !? I seen many new 7810’s and was told that is where they were going.

·
Registered
483 Posts
How in the **** are they allowed to still make 7810s and sell them ? That engine would not make emissions standards would it ? Dads has 18450 hrs and is still running strong .... well it’s getting tired but it has been an awesome tractor with very little in repairs ......,I can’t see them making them and selling them in Russia but I don’t know much
Because luckily for us pollution in the atmosphere doesn't cross borders. It allows our companies to continue to profit from selling the efficient, reliable and dirty machines to the rest of the world while also selling us machines and a constant supply of parts that don't pollute the air we ourselves breathe. It's a win-win situation, for some industries.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Because luckily for us pollution in the atmosphere doesn't cross borders. It allows our companies to continue to profit from selling the efficient, reliable and dirty machines to the rest of the world while also selling us machines and a constant supply of parts that don't pollute the air we ourselves breathe. It's a win-win situation, for some industries.
Sorry to get way off topic, but the same can be said for manufacturing and resource extractions all over the first world with regulations and taxes. Where we continually force such industries off shore into jurisdictions with no such regulations or oversight, with the final result being worse for the environment and workers than if the industries had remained here with slightly less onerous regulations.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I know Russia doesn’t give a **** about pollution but man that pisses me off that a tractor that everyone wants is still being made and sold else where and we get all of that emissions garbage rammed down our throats 😡😡😡😡...... build a tractor in the usa, can’t sell it in the us or Canada , but sell it overseas where the emissions float back over the ocean air and back too us .... good job 👏👏👏👏..... and let’s not start on about the factories built to manufacture... dpf,def, egr , the hundreds of sensors per engine, fancy variable turbos , and the billions in computers to diagnose and repair the emissions, and the billions and billions and billions that are spent driving, hauling , dragging this **** to town for fucking repairs 😡😡😡😡😡....... this all in the thread about me considering a fendt .. which is known to have a lot of computer type stuff on it lol

·
Premium Member
5,282 Posts
Fixx does the 7810 have a different engine than the 7730? Are the 7730 known to have bad engines or do you think you got a lemon?

·
Registered
81 Posts
We have a 930 don’t use it for loader work but use it on a blade. And also use it for grain carting haying fert spreading and love the tractor. Transmission is awesome and motor has lots of low end tourque and is great on fuel.
Also has 6500 hrs and have been minor things to fix. But not bad considering the hours.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Fixx does the 7810 have a different engine than the 7730? Are the 7730 known to have bad engines or do you think you got a lemon?
7810 has an 8.1 litre. We had one and was rock solid besides a intermittent pto kicking out issue which turned out to be a pinched wire in wiring harness.

Father in law has a 7230 with 8600 hrs which has the same 6.8 litre engine that your 7730 has. Not sure how they are getting the extra HP on 7730 but have only had to set the valves once at about 5000 hrs. Think is was about a 3500 bill.

They suggest using fuel conditioner which in-laws use maybe half the time.

Friend works for a guy had a 7430 engine pile up at around 4000 hrs. Dealer said it was because they weren’t using John Deere conditioner??? Not sure the details but sounded like Bs.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Yes what mags said on the engines........the 6.8 uses a common rail fuel system while the 8.1 litre used an injection pump ..... I’m sure they have had injector troubles on the 6.8 because the 4830 sprayers had some issues on several that I know of

·
Registered
108 Posts
I’m sure they have had injector troubles on the 6.8.
When i quit at deere in 2014 they weren't quite sure themselves what was the problem. Maybe they know now but I remember dtac(deere technical assistance for dealer techs) telling us to connect service advisor and see if they were being lugged. On service advisor you can see how many hours the motor was at in rpm increments and the load on the motor in those rpm increments. I think it was 100 rpm increments but cant remember now. That was not the issue.
We replaced injectors every rebuild but did not seem to help.
All I knew is the pistons would melt and then fly to pieces with no warning and damage everything. Usually only one piston though. If they were close to grenading sometimes you could here the motor is louder than it should be and more rough running.
When I left it was only the 6.8 in 7930 and 7830 having trouble but im hearing now even the lower hp 6.8 giving same trouble.

If I owned a 30 series with a 6.8 the first thing I would try and do is get rid of the egr and keep some heat out of the cylinders. Oh and I hate that vgt turbo. The vgt was installed to meet emission standards and is tuned accordingly. The power increase is just a bonus. It probably doesn't help the cause, especially if the vanes stick

·
Registered
108 Posts
No it was just in the 30 series we were seeing issues. The 6.8 in the 10 and 20 series were very good motors. We have a 7210 and it will die on the farm, or I'll die before getting rid of it. From what I have seen the powerquad or synchros in the transmission go before the motor.
When deere added scr and def to the engines it increased the longevity of the motor because they could control emissions in the exhaust instead of the combustion chamber

·
Registered
57 Posts
So could you delet egr and go to fixed vane turbo? Get rid of heat that way? Was just talking to diesel tech about variable vane in isx but would lose jake power with fixed vane, not happening.

·
Registered
1 Posts
7730 etc

So the delaminated pistons are from low cetane fuel and lugging- some effort went into SW to improve the situation- might check to see that you have the latest SW for the engine. As far as I know the latest 7R tractors have the e23 which you can clutch with the brakes and with a left hand reverser should work pretty well. I wouldn't get the IVT because of the reputation they have.
I do work with a guy that loves the fendts although I would suspect not all locations have good dealer support- just depends on where you are at.

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
We have an IVT and really like it, over 6000 hours. Somewhere near the 2000 hour mark we had a problem with a hydraulic pump. Other than that it's just worked. Whatever reputation you think the IVT has, I don't think there have been a lot of problems in recent years across all the units sold in total. There are always the odd machines with lots of problems, but I don't believe it's general. John Deere has two different IVTs. In the smaller tractors I think they use a transmission from ZF. The 7 and 8 series are made by John Deere if I remember correctly. We're not doing any draft pulling. This tractor has spent it's life pulling a sprayer (lots of hydraulic flow under tough conditions to drive the sprayer's water pump), mowing, pulling wagons, loader work, and auger work. We would never buy a replacement machine for these purposes without IVT or a CVT. Especially for spraying. We have always used HyGard II oil in it. Not sure if that makes it work better or not.

Fendt's CVT is the oldest, most efficient, and most proven CVT in the industry. All other CVTs and IVTs are essentially copies of it, with various changes to get around the patents Fendt had and has. It's also extremely simple, mechanically. Far simpler than a powershift transmission. Unlike other brands I don't think they have to shift between a high and low range to get the full speed range. With fancy computer programming the other companies have managed to make their CVTs and IVT almost as smooth and seamless as Fendt.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts