The Combine Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Want to try fertigation this year and I've been looking all around locally and can't find one, any ideas where I can find an injection pump?

Also how hard is it on the pivot when putting N through the system?

·
Registered
55 Posts
X2 agri inject. We have some neptunes as well. But they are only 80 gal/hr Big agri inject is around 110 or so for us. They work great. Get a big stainless injection port, figure out what you pump is putting out, keep the screen clean and let her rip. Oh and check it often for holes in hoses etc. We flush out our pumps and pivots afterward. Have been doing it for decades, your putting enough water through the pivot the little bit of N is barely noticeable and if you flush, it doesn't cause any corrosion that we have seen.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I can't find a dealer near me I'll give them a call today I need one within the next few weeks at least though.okay that's good to hear!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah I'll see if they still loan them out, trouble is getting one everyone wants them at the same basic time haha. I'll check with the cps by home I imagine them must sell them also. Never thought of looking there

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
I have a John Blue. Its good for 0 to 100 gph.

Do you have any required safety equipment? We have to have a license and each well has to have back flow preventer with access to physically check proper operation, low pressure drain, check valve for chemical tank, and interlock to kill chemigation pump if well shuts down.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
There is a safety valve on the pivot, it shuts off the water flow should the pressure drop below 25 psi or if the pivot stops I believe

·
Registered
54 Posts
Rough numbers from memory.....
140ac pivot at 800gpm takes 78ish hours to make a full circle and apply an inch of water.
78hrs*100gal/hr=7800gal
7800gal/140ac=55ish gal/ac

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Even at 100 gph that's just a fart in a windstorm wouldn't it be?
How much of what type of nutrition we talking here?:confused:
Ever cut one that made eyes water at 100 paces? Thats kinda like chemigation.

I put down about 100#/N per acre with the pivot. Thats only 30 gallon of 32%. Each of my pivots puts out different amounts of water per acre, so there is no standardization for flow. I put the N down in two passes. So I multiply 15 gallons/N per acre times the number of acres, and put 100 extra gallons in the tank. I usually set the pump for 45 gallons/hour. So I divide desired gallons by 45 and then I set the pivot to take that many hours to complete a pass.

The 50#N/ac will usually go on in .4-.8" of water.

·
Registered
409 Posts
In Nebraska we have to be certified...that is pass a test every few years. Not too difficult but the worst part is sitting for 2 hrs listening to the videos before the test. It is a good thing though. Also each well has to have a chemigation valve (approx. 500$)to prevent back flow into the water source. Then have to have well set-up inspected annually by local Natural Resources Dist. Kind of a pain but worth it because there are some farmers out there who don't care if they pollute the water. But as was said before once your set its not difficult. We just make sure we flush the pivots out when we are done. Also Agri-Inject is best IMO.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts