The Combine Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see they have increased 46-0-0 by $25-30 a ton, pretty sad in this difficult time, and worse is those with unharvested crop. There is 2 feet of snow in the fields here, will turn into a long spring for some. Quite a bit of crop still out when I went to rosetown for flighting, feel sorry for those producers.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Fertilizer companies know that it I too late for fertilizer to be imported into North America for spring seeding and can basically dictate any price they want.

·
Registered
526 Posts
All the urea was created when the price of oil was higher. Don't see them dropping price for a while. I got lucky and priced most of mine at the end of last year. But there has been years where I've had to buy the bulk of my needs at the highs of the year. Seems like it averages out no matter what you do.

·
Premium Member
1,495 Posts
Urea stopped following the price of NG years ago. Or they would damn near be paying you to take it
Definitely. my brother in law was a gas trader in Calgary, canadian gas was darn near free at one point, he was trading for nickels, and still around $600 a ton mark for the urea.
Unless we get control of the inputs, by whatever means, our profits is there's. Now that a lot of wells are shut down, gas will be going up, so urea will jump on the bandwagon. it is going to keep going up all spring is my guess.

·
Premium Member
2,119 Posts
I paid $315/ton direct for mine this winter, US dollar. I figured it would be dropping the way things are going. I guess not. What is it at now? I might have to buy a few more tons by the end of seeding. Filled up what space I had available.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Booked $455 for 46-0-0 back in early December. Brought it home last week and paid for it. That has been the cheapest I have bought fertilizer for a long time.

The price of NG price excuse they used to use hasn't been valid for quite a few years. It's basically what the market can bear and supply/demand.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Currency has almost everything to do with price change in 46. What western Canada doesn’t want to pay for will flow south of boarder for more money today.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts