The Combine Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been having nothing but problems with plugging and bridging in my 6550. I run a blend of 120-35-10-15 split, some with seed and most down the banders. It bridged on me one day and only got half product on, and yesterday was running fans at a ridiculous speed to push product but was still caking and plugging up in distribution pots. Anyone else been having this problem and if so how are you dealing with this?

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Tank 4 bridged and had to redo 80 acres. Only happens every couple years so hard to remember to check for it. We always check for air at openers. Pots plugging is from humidity too high. Seed hawk is terrible too. No fix known to man other than using no sulfer.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have already decided to blow on all our sulfur this fall for next year. Its been a nightmare trying to keep the runs from plugging. Spent hours cleaning lines, primary pots, secondary pots, etc. Only lasted 60 acres. It is building up anywhere there is a bend in the lines. Humidity is way to high so have finally hired a floater to float the product on.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts