The Combine Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for ideas to make an auger mounted fertilizer screen for removing lumps before they end up the truck. I saw a discussion with pictures of one hanging from the top of the auger beneath the spout a couple years ago but can’t find it now.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
I just use a 2' square piece of expanded metal on top of the auger intake in the hopper. One dealer here has an expanded metal box on the conveyor discharge. Don't think emptying it would be much fun though

·
Registered
149 Posts
Looking for ideas to make an auger mounted fertilizer screen for removing lumps before they end up the truck. I saw a discussion with pictures of one hanging from the top of the auger beneath the spout a couple years ago but can’t find it now.

This is what we made, I have 10 of them going through blast and paint today. If you want to buy one email [email protected] or copy how you like!

·
Registered
556 Posts
I've been thinking of making one for the conveyor. I remember the thread with the one hanging from the discharge. There's some of that diamond mesh laying around, might have to experiment this week. Finally got done with 2019 harvest ha. Flexfinger's bottom mounted screen looks like it would work well but the price is prohibitive and there isn't much space above the intake when in the field anyway.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Here's that other thread. My google fu is flowing this morning.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts