The Combine Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
I'm central Ontario. Don't know mesz price but local coop is giving me a "deal" on urea at 1050. They screwed up the application and missed a whole field and over applied on the others. Now I'm expected to buy more urea to pay for their mistake.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Well it maybe too much but according to this CBC article Justin has really put the screws to farmers in eastern Canada.

Russia had been a reliable source of nitrogen shipments. Before the tariff was imposed, it was exporting 660,000 tonnes of nitrogen fertilizer annually into Eastern Canada — about 85 to 90 per cent of the total fertilizer applied.
Here is the article here.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Makes alot of sense when i literally rent land from nutrien plant @ redwater. I could drive the drill across the road and fill the tank for a far cry from 300$/ mT.
This one world system really sucks.
Any govt with any stones ( see: the next UCP leader if they want to be leader) would vow to bring down fert prices ( couldnt...wouldnt
. Happen..i know) but it would win you some votes for trying!

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Nobody on NA soil is making urea for 300 bucks today. They might be netting 300bucks before taxes and depreciation. Price out Gas and Power today and remember they have to pay Carbon tax on process uses as I understand the rules but are exempt on physical gas used to make urea.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
According to Green Markets, last week, NOLA granular urea prices were reported at USD$470-$535/st FOB, down from the week-ago USD$515-$558/st FOB. Some said they saw an immediate drop in the NOLA market after the Indian tender results were released showing a USD$200/mt drop in that market.
Last week, the urea market in Western Canada was flat for the third week in a row at C$860 delivered to retail.
According to Green Markets, this week, while NOLA urea trades for July/August dipped to as low as USD$465/st FOB early in the week, sources reported that by Wednesday price ideas were closer to the USD$555/st FOB mark. Some contacts said that U.S. exports have tightened NOLA inventories, with others citing concerns over the impact of gas shortages in Europe.
This week, Urea prices in Western Canada were confirmed at C$850-$865/mt FOB and C$865/mt DEL for 3Q tons at midweek, down from the last reported range of C$885-$890/mt FOB.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts