The Combine Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to purchase a fertilizer spreader for spreading sulphur.

Have used the Willmar units in the past and like those but would consider other manufacturers.

·
Registered
47 Posts
We have used an AG-800 by AG Systems this spring. Really nice unit. Spinner was run by hydraulics and so was the chain drive system. It has leaf spring suspension so it was nice towing in the field.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Take a look at an Adams. I was real wary of them when I read about them. But after owning one now for a couple years they are the best in my opinion. Have a different approach to the way they are constructed and drive everything, extremely simple and way less money than their competitors, at least here anyway.
On more thing, their customer service is the best I have ever had from any company!

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Our local fertilizer supplier has Tylers that they lease out with purchases every spring. The stainless steel tank is nice and they are very tough units, but I doubt they would shut down low enough to spread just sulphur at low rates. I suppose a guy could make restrictors or slow the chains down, but keep an eye on that if you are just spreading sulphur without blending it.

·
Registered
125 Posts
If you are talking a pull type spreader for a low cost I would defiantly take a look at the Adams but if cost is not an issue I would look at some kind of pull type or sp with a New Leader G4. I know the New Leaders will shut down low enough to spread low rate products and they have a rather large capacity as well so it takes a rather large tractor to run the pull type ones.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts