The Combine Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks, only problem its given me is one of the hubs cracked, which is why its only got 3 wheels in photo, ive got the other hub off to match them up, im going to put 4 new ones on it as I plan to sell it now its surplus to requirements, seems only fair to replace them before selling it

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I used 4x new 15ton 110mm hubs and stub axles,same as what the mainstream manufactures use on there 30t chaser bins over here, started out the first season with 2nd hand tyres to cut some cost but couple seasons ago gave it a fresh set of tyres, all new steel, drawer bar is 8x4in rhs, 3/8 wall, frame 6x4rhs 3/8 wall, is a similar design to a 18t bin we already had from finch, but they were unable to supply one by the time I made up my mind that we needed another one, I call it a 22t bin, but parked we have got just shy of 25t heaped onto it, but was way over tarp bows sorta thing.i just made everything heavier and a lot more reinforcement than our 18t bin, local engineering shop sourced gear box auger flighting and tube for me, started it around the middle of august and had it in the field at the end of October, but in that time I also was doing the preseason work on our headers and fronts(combines and headers), had a young bloke give me a hand on and off to be an extra pair of hands while tacking things up etc. I have a heap of photos of it during construction but im away and they don't seem to be on this computer, when I get home ill try and upload some of them aswell

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.