The Combine Forum banner

few irish pics

2K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  bizza07 
#1 ·
just a few pics from the irish harvest.things a little different here as you can see!

See less See more
#9 ·
winter wheat yields up to 5 tonnes /acre winter barley aprox 4 tonnes oilseeds aprox 2 tonnes /acre though we find it a high risk crop.machine is standard 2388 (not tuned) home made bin extension ,gorden rotor bars, extra fuel tank as heavy straw crops take alot of chopping hence thirsty on fuel and hated stopping to re fuel during the day.moisture never below 20% making machine very sensitive to sieve adjusstments .to max output 2 years ago i made up an electonis sieve adjustment kit which works from the cab.very succesful and greatly improved downtime as we cut alot at night and as moisture crept up tailings would keep overloading so now thats all sorted from the cab.incidendtly i ran a new 8010 alongside the 2388 for case this year to evaluate and i think they were very impressed with the 2388 set up.the 8010 is a far superior machine but it sheer size is a problem here and also i think there is a new rotor on the way that might suit our heavy straw crops a bit better.it seemed to mash the straw into pulp no matter what we tried,even taking all the rasp bars off one day to see.straw is a very valuable part of the crops here.as said in previous post i will put pictures of ssieve unit and costs up in the near futur e but a back injury has meant that under no circumstances am i allowed visit the yard at present (she must still love me).cheers axial andy

G
#10 ·
Thanks for the info Axailandy. I was talking to the case rep at the local farm show last week and aparently the new series to replace the 2588 will have the remote sieves and the same cab as the 7010 and 8010 combines. Aparently the internal workings of the combine are staying close to the same.

Had a chance to talk to a farmer who had a chance to demo the new rotor from case, They called it the ST rotor. Apparently the drum part of the rotor is smaller but the rub bars maintain the same rotating diameter. He said the combine with the new rotor had 15% more cappacity than his 8010, which was equiped the same with exception of the rotor. They found that the capacity was more in tough conditions, which sounds what you guys need over there in Ireland. I almost speculate that there should be a conversion kit to equip the older combines with this new rotor because it has the same rotating diameter.

Hope you back gets better quickly axial andy

Farmerleach

#13 ·
yields????

Ireland, England, etc. use much different wheat varieties than the U.S. It is all soft wheat. Hard wheat is only grown in France, Italy etc. where it is drier and warmer. It was tried in Germany in the 80s and soon given up, because of sprouting in the field.
The soft wheat in Europe gets sprayed to keep the straw short, otherwise it would grow tall like rye.

#14 ·
Hey my name is Tarren Minhard im 22yrs old and from Aus im off a family farm which is about 6000 acres but im currently travelling around the world for fun, im in the UK at the moment but waiting for the 2008 harvest to kick off just looking at your piks and just wounding if you know any sites that i could use to get contacts to work on a combine for harvest in Ireland?
any kind of help would be greatfull
cheers Tarren

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.