The Combine Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been having a problem with my 1020 head on my 1680, my corn head has field tracker and works fine. What is happening is ever once in a while the right end of the head starts to raise while cutting and about the same time that that problem started last fall the head when raised manually it won't stay level (it starts tilting) until you have the feeder house all the way up and then it will level out. I really don't want to raise the head all the way up while turning.I can't find anything wrong with any wiring, could sensors on end of head be out of adjustment? Thanks for any help

·
Registered
17 Posts
We have had the problem you are describing several times. Almost always was a bad connection at the plug fixed by a little contact cleaner. Whenever the field tracker plug is not connected while field tracker is in auto, the header tilts all the way to the left unless raised all the way up.

The adjustment of the sensors isn't really that critical because you can adjust the levelness using the knob in the cab.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts