The Combine Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, getting ready to run soybeans and cant get the field tracker to work right, I went through the header off calibration and now it goes down ok but when it gets about a foot off the ground it goes to a full tilt to the left. It puts the left end tight to the ground and holds the right end a foot off the ground. Turning the knob to level it does nothing, When you lift it up it self levels fine. Any ideas would be appreciated.
Thanks Bryon

·
Registered
192 Posts
Bryon, I,m having problems with a combine that the customer just installed it. I sent in a concern to CIH today & they gave me some voltage checks to do. To me it seems like the machine is not finding the header pot,s like if you did'nt have the head hooked up. Have one of your CIH mech's go to ASSIST & they could get the checks they gave me. I think it would help. Keep us posted cause I'll let you know what I find on mine. GOOD LUCK

·
Registered
45 Posts
Neighbor I have been helping said they had the same trouble last year when they got a 1020 30' think they said it ended up being a couple wires were in the wrong spot even though the dealer said they are all tested before they go out.

·
Registered
192 Posts
ihman1256 I'm wondering if the wires might be ###### in the harness. Seen it before. Just got to do my testing. It would be nice if for some reason they could get it right the first time so us mech's would'nt have to fix their screw up's. Make my day a little easy.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I think you need to unplug the connector at the feede and make sure the plug is lined up right or a wire is pushing out when you push the connector in.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We are going to talk to the dealer today, I think its a sensor problem or the mice chewed a wire, It worked fine last year when we put it away. We did change the batteries in the combine, and it did go through the header off calibration fine.
Thanks
Bryon

·
Registered
195 Posts
Also there are left and right side pots and if they are on the wrong side it will do what you are experiencing. I'm not familar with the Tracker on a 1020 but on our 820 and Harvestmore head you can unhook the linkage and manually move the pot's to see how the tracker reacts. If the pots are backwards or it's not wired right when the left end hits the ground the combine thinks it's the right side and tilts the head to the left to level the head and goes to full tilt since neither sensor gets moved.

·
Registered
349 Posts
We're having the same exact problem with a 04 2388 and 25' 1020. Thing never has worked right. We chaned the pots in the console in the cab and it didn't help it. Ours will start to level, and say it goes down on the left side, it hits the ground and tries to keep going when it can't. We dont really need it had our ground is flat but we're looking at going to a bigger platform and it'll be needed. Probably sum 2 cent part

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Problem solved, we took all the connections apart and cleaned them, plugged everything back in and it works. Thanks for the help.
Thanks Bryon

·
Registered
192 Posts
Hey all. Got mine going was a bad balance pot. The guys at CNH said to check the wire running from the pot pin C to the Field Tracker module pin 6 not be a broken wire. younggun I would check the Ohm's reading of the left & right pot's on the header & adjust them as close as you can get them. I've had that happen before. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I know the pots are on the right sides because it worked fine last season, now I am wondering if the alignment tabs might be worn off the round connectors and possibly one is plugged in clocked in the wrong position, this could cause the same problem, I will check tonight,
Thanks Bryon

·
Registered
53 Posts
Had the same problem on my '03 2366 with a 1020. The dealer came out and we found that the plugging was bad. One of the pins had the wrong kind of pin in it. Put new plugging on and works fine. Also helps to put cleaner on the connectors and then put electrical grease on them.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Yeah, I've fought this too in the past. Either some dirt on one of the connectors, the plug that is "plugged in" but rotated by one pin, a faulty POT, or a sensor linkage that has been disconnected.

I still say it's time for CNH to redesign this electronics system with a 2 conductor connection that has a built-in troubleshooting capability. (If anybody from CNH would like my input on how to make this work, PM me on here. I'd offer my time for free just to see it happen.)

-Lance

1 - 15 of 15 Posts