The Combine Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2010 R66 that makes weird yield maps. I will attach a picture. There are gaps in the data. It seems to record several points in a row, and then it just shuts off for what should be a few points. We don't notice anything out of the ordinary on the monitor in real time. All of the other yield maps that I have seen from other brands do not look like this. Do other people's maps look like this with the holes? If not, what could be my problem? I also don't like how much each swath wanders back and forth while we are combining straight corn rows, but I know that problem is with the Garmin GPS. If I would replace that with an Ag Leader 6000 (like Climate recommends) would that solve both problems somehow?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Any chance your header cut off is set to high ?
Good question. No, the header cutoff is not too high. If the green bar on the monitor would vary at all, I would go after that as my likely problem (sensor wire rubbed or something like that), but it doesn't.

·
Registered
77 Posts
To me it looks like the GPS update rate is too slow. Your data is stacking, by the look of it. Meaning your data is all there but overlayed on itself because your GPS is telling the system you are in the same place longer than you actually are. @torriem , do you concur? Also, your left/right wander is probably due to the Garmin GPS. If you are running it without RTK or some other form of correction data, it won't be accurate enough. You will need an Ag GPS of some flavour with correction to sort out this issue.

The header cut off switches off data logging above the "cut off height". So for this to be the issue, it would have to be set too LOW. If it is 50% or higher, you should be ok.

·
Registered
4,704 Posts
Garmin GPS is probably using WAAS which should be fine for yield mapping. But in any case, I agree the message rate could be causing those gaps. What is the message rate set in the Garmin GPS? I suspect it's only 1 Hz. 5 Hz should be enough, but 10 is even better. Who knows, it might improve your waviness too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts